ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤENDING.

Eijirou never plans on confessing his feelings for a certain (H/C) haired girl. He could pretend, but underneath his confidence and seeming extroversion, he was still the same insecure boy as before.

He imagined different scenarios to tell her his feelings, but something always pulled him not to confess himself.

The redhead always knew that (Y/N) had only one goal in her life: to become a great hero and fulfill her duties as one. And he would never risk being a stone in her path, would never let her get distracted by something as silly as his feelings for her.

So he moves on.

Or pretends that he did.

Because even when he tries to admire other people, trying to pursue that same feeling he had for his friend, he can't even come close to actually getting over it.

One... Two...

The familiar sound of a clock's ticking had settled itself deep into his mind. It repeated over and over again in that same pattern, which would've been enough to drive anyone insane already.

Although, the red haired boy was probably already pushed far past the border of sanity, seeing as there wasn't a single clock nearby. not the traditional wall kind, anyway. Only silence, which would’ve been calming in any other case.

Maybe he was just imagining it; keeping himself focused on the sound in his head as a distraction. A way to pass the time.

But it didn’t matter at what pace that imaginary clock was ticking— time seemed to pass by slower than ever.

Turns out, it was just Eijirou's nerves. He was just nervous. And he was trying his best not to give into that feeling of nervousness.

He took quite the breath in, but it took a while for him to breathe out. He tried not to think about it— after all, he wasn't the type to act like this. But it was of no use to try to push back thoughts of the very feelings he— decided the last minute— was now going to face.

Eijirou's mind was, more often than he would like to admit, full of the person he was going to have to talk to.

(L/N) (Y/N).

Her face flooded his thoughts and it made him helpless. He couldn't do anything but think. Think about the person he came to be infatuated with.

The person he came to like.

And as of the moment, they were both sitting face to face on the sofa in the communal room, and Eijirou is busy stuffing his sense of smell and taste with the hot chocolate that the girl recently made while also holding back the streams of tears that was threatening to spill over.

"What's up with you, seriously?" (Y/N) grumbled, staring the boy down while mindlessly fiddling with her phone. "A girl confessed, and you rejected her. Now you're the one who's close to crying?"

He merely shook his head before setting the mug aside after he took a short sip. "I think there's something wrong with me.

"I think so too," the stoic teen agreed without missing a beat.

"And..." The spiky haired boy trailed off, ignoring the slighy jab and an expression close to being somber blanketed his features. "There's nothing wrong with her— or with anyone. There was never anything wrong with anyone."

Eijirou had to take a deep breath to try to calm down before his self pity took over his being again, which would make him lose courage for what he felt he was about to do.

"Uh..." Now, she was leaning back on the sofa's arm rest and her dull eyes scanned him carefully. She was wary, careful that the boy could burst into tears within the minute and she was most certainly not ready to comfort someone. "Alright? I don't know what you want me to say."