ㅤ22ㅤGIN'S HERO AGENCY.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
GIN'S HERO AGENCY.

EDITED - 022221

It was late night, probably around nine o'clock

It was late night, probably around nine o'clock. (Y/N) decided to go for a walk in the busy streets of Musutafu to get some fresh air— also because she has nothing better to do. She was supposed to just relax for the night as she will start interning tomorrow, but instead she got a headache.

Her current headache is a small girl talking her head off as (Y/N) takes her to the nearest police station, having found her separated from her mother in a crowd. (Y/N) wants to tell herself she shouldn't have bothered— that someone else most likely would've come along and helped, but she knew that it would've come back to haunt her in her sleep if she did nothing and scolds herself mentally for the mere thought of ignoring the poor child— she's a hero in training for heaven's sake!

(Y/N) had no problem tuning out her babbling until her next sentence had her almost dropping the talkative child when she said, "—And, oh! I just got my quirk the other day. Want to know what it is? I could show youuu~" in a sing song voice that made the (H/C) haired girl grimace.

There are two things that could happen: her quirk is harmless and probably turns flowers into butterflies or whatever and she'll force herseld to nod in acknowledgement, or it'd be a terrifying power that could turn anything into dust with a simple touch and she'd wind up dead.

(Y/N) spots the police station up ahead and decides, 'Whatever. I'll probably not die.'

"What is it?" (Y/N)'s careful to set her down on the ground but she easily reaches up and takes her hand. (Y/N) allows it and continues while she skips beside her

"I'm not very good at it yet, though, so no promises!"

(Y/N) sighs. On second thought, she'd rather not. She's tired. She worked out and trained all day and she'd planned on spending the rest of the night knocked out in her room after a particularly grueling week. She only stepped out for a moment for a walk and maybe buy some food in the nearest convenience store when she saw the little girl by herself and asked where her parents were. Apparently, the little girl had recognized (Y/N)'s face from UA's Sports Festival, making the child's round eyes sparkle. And the beginning of an endless stream of nonsense (Y/N) half listened in on started.

"Oh!"

(Y/N) frowns when the little girl stared up at her expectantly. "What?"

"Yup! I'm sure of it." She oints with the hand that isn't holding two of (Y/N)'s fingers in her tiny grip and smiles. "I know what your lost thing is."

'Lost thing...?' The (H/C) haired girl blinks, not knowing what to say as she pulls the kid along.

"Uh, what does that mean?"