ㅤ55ㅤIMMERSED IN LAVENDER.

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
IMMERSED IN LAVENDER.

Muted shade of (E/C)s stared at the shriveling petals

Muted shade of (E/C)s stared at the shriveling petals. She studied them, in a way that she should not have.

The flower was dead, from her touch. The singular blue flower that she held in her hand fell to the depths, and died. Just like that.

(Y/N) sighed and grabbed the rose from the lower stem and twisted it out, leaving only the stud there on the pole it was growing on. She stared at it; It still looked beautiful.

There's just something about shriveled flowers that makes it even more appealing than ones that are still somewhat alive.

She wondered briefly if she should still keep it. She knows it’s useless, but... it's still beautiful. Maybe if she took better care of it.

In a realistic point of view, of course, there's no time for that anymore.

Because it's dead.

The flowers lie on the table, their once beautiful azure petals curling at the browning edges. Their stalks are already limp and when she picked them up, their heads fall with gravity towards the table.

'Damn it,' (Y/N) inwardly cursed.

The (H/C) haired girl gathered the rest of the wilted flowers along with its bouquet, and as she walked out of the comfort of the dorms, she threw it away carelessly in a nearby trashcan.

Maybe it's time to buy new ones.

━━

Today, there weren't many others in the park, a few families enjoying the playground before it became too dark, and a couple of dog walkers enjoying the weather.

(Y/N)'s eyes captured all of them. Their smiles, their frowns, their nods and their laughter.

However, while she liked to admire the scenery, the flowers, the trees, the park in general— there was one subject she had in mind.

The (H/C) haired girl had never really given butterflies much thought. Her eyes just usually passes by just enough to briefly admire its color palette, and then she moves on. There's not much effort spent towards the colorful display of wings in the open air.

But now, after looking at the scene before her, she can not stop thinking about the way their enchanting wings flutter.

The butterfly sat upon the man's finger with wings of black and gold, the colors blending and swirling as playful waves upon night sands.

Her dull eyes were little half-lidded as she gazed over his face. She took in his soft features, noting the slope of his nose, his oddly endearing pointed ears and the bow of his lips, and she wondered if she'd ever seen anyone as pretty as him before.

'Ah... What was his name again?' (Y/N) wondered to herself silently. The first year remembered the boy in vague detail as she bumped into him once and saw his face twice before this very moment. A part of UA's Big Three but has a surprisingly meek and soft nature; he was kind of odd too. She blinked. 'Right. Amajiki Tamaki.'