ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤAFTER ENDING.

The door stood tall in front of (Y/N), solid, a barrier between herself and who she dreads and longs to see.

She knows that she should hurry up, push down the handle and enter, before someone catches up to her and forcefully bring her back to her own room.

In her run to reach her father, she had passed in front of Todoroki's room, she had seen her classmates gathered outside with worried faces and restless feet; they had met her eyes, widened their own, opening their mouths to start speaking, to demand answers and stop her.

But she couldn't stop, and she didn't; she kept running, the sharp pain from her head wound incessant, pounding in her ribcage in beat with her bleeding heart.

She had heard the nurses come after her, tell her fellow third year UA students that she wasn't supposed to be out of bed, that she would hurt herself more if she kept running like a mad man.

(Y/N) didn't care about a thing, she didn't care about herself, she didn't care about the approaching steps of whoever was following after her— she does care about all of her classmates and teachers, but they are fine, as much as they can be, after finally finishing a war of this caliber, that has taken so many lives. They are awake, at least.

Her father barely is.

Breathing ragged, her vision cloudy, her legs feel like they're about to give out on her. No, not yet. She sees a couple of nurses rounding the corner and spotting her, so before she has another chance to think about what she'll find on the other side and if she is actually ready, she finally opens the door and walks in, quickly locking it behind her.

A chair scrapes on the marble floor, thrown back by a startled All Might, who whips his head towards the entrance of the room and positions himself as if ready to fight, even in the frail body he always wears since that faithful day at Kamino Ward.

'Once a hero, always a hero,' she thinks, eyes trained on her teacher, even though nowadays it's starting to sound more and more like, "Once a soldier, always a soldier."

The used-to-be-Number-One Hero looks so despondent, his eyes are down and it looks like he has been aged up to ten years older.

"Young (L/N), what are you doing here?" He asks frantically, relaxing his stance and glancing at the turned lock on the door behind his student. "You should be resting, you're not supposed to be out of bed yet."

"I think I rested enough," she replied curtly, as if she hadn't just ran an entire wing of the hospital with half the staff and her classmates on her heels.

Then she darted past the blonde man into the room without anymore words, reaching a hospital bed on which someone’s body lying under a white sheet, letting her see only a shape of the figure she always looked up to.

'No— That’s not you, right?'

All those tubes and wires and machines, it looked like her father lost a lot of his life energy very quickly. His face looked lined and his hair was lackluster. The vast majority of his face was taken up by a facemask. The hums of the machines seemed too loud.

No, this wasn’t right. There’s no way Gin was that infirmed and weak looking. He was a force to be reckoned with. But now he looked so... spent.

"Toshinori, leave us for a bit," the white haired man weakly spoke through the mask as his eyes closed momentarily for a moment.

"I—" Despite startled at the sudden request to leave, he sighed. "Alright." All Might clears his voice, awkwardly standing in the middle of the room with a heartbroken look on his face. "Well, I'm going out then. Please don't hurt yourself even more, you two."