ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤAFTER ENDING.

It took a lot of talking to the rehabilitation administration so (Y/N) could have access to a visitation. Many forms to fill out, precautions taken into consideration.

Now she was a ball of anxiety as her heels clicked along the white tiles of the cold hallway. She was warned of the risks, but she didn't care. She knew the security of the hospital was high and that even if the man could take the quirk-inhibitors, she could fight him right there and win.

She thought she was ready. Five months after the end of the war while dealing with the aftermath and one more month of waiting, she thought he was ready to face Touya again, especially now that she would be alone in a proper room with him.

The woman really thought she could handle it perfectly, seeing as she had gone through much worse situations, but the she was just getting more restless.

"(Y/N)..." Someone gasps, name slipping past their lips.

Stopping in her tracks, she was met with the gentle face of Todoroki Fuyumi. She was dressed in black from head to toes, her hair on a ponytail, a handkerchief on her left hand. The older looked exhausted, so sad and defeated.

"Fuyumi," she acknowledged and walked towards her. "You visited him?"

"Yes. Mom, Natsuo and Shouto visited him yesterday," the woman replied, soft and kind as she had always been. "I'm with dad but today— It wasn't..." She was hesitant to continue and a downcast look crossed her. "It wasn't pleasant but... we're slowly getting there— well, I hope."

Right. (Y/N) could remember the head of the Todoroki family's image all too well. Endeavor just looked broken, shattered.

He wasn't the best human being, considering all that he did; using his wealth and status to force a marriage, having kid after kid in search of the perfect balance between his wife's powers and his own, committing his wife to a mental institution, neglecting and abusing his family— all of it.

But she saw that very same powerful man break down and cry from the weight of all his mistakes. And honestly speaking, (Y/N) could not shame him for reacting that way at all.

The younger didn't get the chance to say anything because Fuyumi's gray eyes darted to look over her once more.

(Y/N) looked horrible. Large stitches went down her left cheekbone and the bridge of her nose and the scar on her right seemed to be even bigger than before. There were also scars over her right eye and large patches of it down her collarbones— and Fuyumi could only imagine how many more horrific injuries were hidden under her black suit.

But despite that, she was still here, wanting to visit her brother.

"You know," she talked again instead, not minding the eerie silence around them. "I'm beginning to understand why Touya-nii stuck around you for so long."

(Y/N)'s eyelashes fluttered in exhaustion as she tried to process what she was saying. "That's a compliment, right?" When Fuyumi only smiled politely at her, she continued, "But to tell you the truth, it's actually the other way around— I'm the one who's sticking around him."

The dual haired woman can't help but blink at her younger friend. She racked her brain, mentally flipping through her list of reasons to see if she has the answer. "Really? Why?"

"Well..." Muted colored eyes glazed over, expressionless. "Because Touya can't be left alone. He's— He's very lonely. But he doesn't want anyone to know that, so he pushes everything and everyone away. He's... complicated."

Despite the nonchalant tone (Y/N) used, Fuyumi felt a lump in her throat. She laughed a bit, a little wobbly at the edges. She had been trying to get rid of her tendency to cry but she always seemd to fail everytime.