ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤENDING.

Some days feel like they're going to be significant, as if something in your heart just knows that these twenty-four hours are going to be simply unforgettable.

(Y/N) is lying on her bed, eyes closed. Momo doesn't know if she really is asleep or if she just tries to be. (If she is, then her dreams can't be nice with the way her eyebrows were furrowed).

As both of them agreed to study together, notebooks and pens were scattered on the floor and the (H/C) haired girl's laptop was displaying a dim light as it laid on her desk.

It was getting late and the rays of the setting sun were shining through the window. It illuminates (Y/N)'s features enough for Momo to see all the little details.

Her eyebrows are furrowed, lips pressed together in what seems to be in distress and the ravenette wants nothing more than to softly trail her fingers over her (S/C) skim and smooth out all those tense muscles.

A lot happened the past few weeks with exams just around the corner and training has been getting harder and harder. Momo should use all the time she can get to sleep and recharge her energy but instead sh's sitting here, legs crossed, wide awake, and allowing herself to stare.

She rarely gets to look at the other girl for that long. They're always moving, always training, always fighting. Momo treasures every glance she gets of her even though usually, her face is cold and unmoving.

Suddenly, the stoic teen shifted before opening one eye to peek at the black haired girl. "What do you want?"

Momo reflexively flinched and she felt her throat constrict. "What?" She garbled as a reply.

"You heard me. What do you want? Why are you staring at me like that?" (Y/N) prodded.

Momo had a solid answer. She wanted her.

See, romantic relationships were not a foreign concept to her. To some people, they revolved around it, and for others, it was not more than a priority than it was just an addendum to a very long list of things to worry about. There were some who liked the idea of being in a relationship while there were also some who simply didn't.

Personally, Momo was one of those who did.

It had often fascinated her as a child, how powerful it could be, and how there will be that one person who is meant for her and they will somehow speak and be fluent in her language and she will be in theirs. Her soulmate will be waiting to be found, and once she finds them, she will feel intrinsically whole.

It sounds stupid, childish, in how sje craves the connection she would have with another person like someone bare-boned.

She's eager to know what they would make her feel: whether butterflies will erupt in her stomach while she's in their presence or if sparks would fly when they kiss.

Momo is a hopeless romantic in every little sense of the word, but romance has always been something she wanted to understand.

But she has only been barely alive, so very young, that much is true, and she is in no rush to experience something as rich as falling in love, but like any other teenager, she's curious enough about it to daydream.

However, things quickly changed drastically after a simple encounter. Her mind starts going hazy thinking about exactly one person, despite all the signs pointing every other way but them.

The day she interacted with (Y/N) lighted a fuse somewhere deep in her, clogs her senses with this raw feeling she can't even begin to explain, and it puts her mind in an almost permanent state of feverishness.

Yes, it is the day wherein she lost their match at the Sports Festival— when Momo found herself simultaneously out of place and belonged at the same time, if that even makes sense.