ㅤ51ㅤDESOLATION & THRILL.

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
DESOLATION & THRILL.

That night, she saw an oddly familiar red hair framing a lovely face

That night, she saw an oddly familiar red hair framing a lovely face. His scarlet eyes were like black holes. They sucked her in and the singularity destroyed her.

She had thought herself awake but she can't be. This is a nightmare of sorts, more vicious than most, more lucid.

Both of them were standing on a glistening black river that didn't flow. There were stars above, trees along the banks and there were lights as bright as the daytime sun but more white.

The tendrils of her hair illuminated beneath the pale lumière. Bathing. In the distance, a red and orange light flickered. The lone figure crossed its path— a shadow obstructing the eerie glow.

(Y/N)'s heart pounded for some unknown reason as the silhouette growed.

Closer. Closer.

He stepped into the streetlight. The light flickered. Her heart pounded. He raised his arm.

Time stopped.

The only indication of movement is the silvery luminosity flickering against his outstretched arm. The flickering light was in rhythm with the pounding of her heart.

A ghost feeling of warmth blanketed her.

Wondering why, she felt confusion. Her thoughts were dispersed like a flower scattering seeds in a strong wind.

She gave up on understanding and her eyelashes fluttered tiredly. Understanding moments like this is useless anyway.

(Y/N) touched his hand.

The flickering stopped.

Nothing malicious happened. He was just... there.

"Remember. An optimal solution exists in any situation regardless of the difficulty. You must not forget that. Especially in times of confusion."

Before she could even register what he said, she suddenly heard the sound of breaking glass, yet this time it is a music that vanished deep scars; a sound full of unfamiliarity, it rang in a ghostly, eldritch way as it reached her ears.

The man's face was breaking and there were extracted, crystallized liquor coming out of the cracks of his features before it turned into an eerie shade of noir.

Everything happened so fast.

Her eyes shut tight and a million new knives fell softly over her exposed skin, covering her entire being in a strange, comforting way. She freezed, all but her heart remaining statue-like on the wet tile. When she finally allowed her eyelids to flutter open, she could see that the ground was stained red, the color creeped outward among the shards.

"Remember."

Ghosts are red and orange.

(Y/N) woke up covered in sweat. 'What the hell was that?' She felt nostalgic, different from the nightmares that haunted her nonstop and replayed in her head every night for about 12 years now.