ㅤ42ㅤRIVALRY & FEELINGS.

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
RIVALRY & FEELINGS.

It was strange at first— to look at those very familiar (E/C) eyes without feeling any form of hatred or malice

It was strange at first— to look at those very familiar (E/C) eyes without feeling any form of hatred or malice. Her eyes were skillfully aggressive; tantalizing, clever plays, yet so eerily calm and dull. It was strange.

Shigaraki held back a wicked smile under the hand that was covering his face.

"—We all want the same thing here, don't we? Freedom." She stated. With her hands folded in her lap, and the faint rhythmic tapping of her boots against the floor echoed in the air-conditioned room, she asked, "So, do we have a deal?"

He chuckled darkly as he scanned her features, a small smirk playing on his scarred lips.

"Of course. Pleasure doing business with you."

━━

Darkness was all (Y/N) could see.

Her being stumbled blindly in the shadows as unfamiliar sounds sent chills up your spine. She could sense yourself walking and moving forward, but she couldn't feel the ground beneath her feet. It was as if her sense of touch had been removed.

Suddenly the world swirled around her.

Her head spun as shebfelt her center of balance tilt violently. She inhaled sharply as her body gave in to gravity, falling backwards. However, she didn't hit the ground.

She was definitely on her back, but it felt like she was floating through space.

(Y/N) grimaced as her surroundings shifted, her eyes straining to make out anything around her.

A numbing cold feeling spread from her lower back to the rest of her body, and as her vision cleared, she realized that she was now laying in a forest clearing.

Her body went on autopilot, standing quickly to minimize her contact with the ground. Her breath fanned out in white puffs through the cold night as she tried to get warm.

Clearly, she was no longer in the comfort of her room at the UA dorms. Everything around her was cold and dark— and the place felt so familiar to her. Turning around to further investigate, she was met with a huge looking house, almost like a church, alongside with wide granite stairs that led to large wooden doors.

And then, everything clicked in her mind.

She was back at the village— at the orphanage. The air was heavy. Oppressively heavy, as if forcing her to recall her fears, smothering her in anxiety.