ㅤ39ㅤVISOR-WEARING IDIOT.

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
VISOR-WEARING IDIOT.

The first time Hawks saw her, his heart hammered so loudly that it felt like it was going to burst in his chest

The first time Hawks saw her, his heart hammered so loudly that it felt like it was going to burst in his chest. Her dull eyes gazed at him with such cold sharpness that he can’t help but swallow the lump forming in his throat.

(L/N) (Y/N), Gin's daughter, a student of UA High and a hero in training.

She regarded him with cold disposition and barely spared him a glance, not even a word spoken to him.

His first meeting with the teen is after a little skirmish with some two-bit villain, dropping the criminal off at a nearby police station and it fell as a coincidence that she was there too, along with her father whom she was currently interning with.

It suffices to say that she had left him with quite the impression.

Right off the bat, he finds her kind of funny. Her face is like a block of granite— never budges the entire time he's there. But what piques his interest is when the villain he'd handed over breaks out of his handcuffs; he's not too worried but gets a feather ready just in case.

However, it turns out that he doesn't need to use it, since the villain stops dead in his tracks a split second later when the (H/C) haired teen glared down at him. And boy, oh boy, what a glare it is. Hawks literally heard the guy whimper when she slapped the handcuffs back on.

So naturally, the Number Four Hero slides up to her right after the fiasco, a lazy but curious grin on his face.

"Nice move, kid. You have a paralyzing-type quirk or something?"

Her (E/C) eyes didn't even spare him a glance as she answered a flat, "No. Didn't you watch the Sports Festival or something?"

Hawks blinked.

Well.

To say that he's speechless was an understatement.

He doesn't know if this is how all teenagers act these days, but (Y/N) seemed like she doesn't care much for labels and status. She was who she was, and people either took it or left it. She treated people the same way, no matter who it is— authority or not, using some kind of sixth sense, she liked people or didn't.

And she didn't like him.

"Behave yourself, (Y/N)." Gin from beside her strictly ordered.

Hawks, recovered from his initial surprise, grinned smugly at the light scoff the girl let out. "Yeah, kid, didn't you learn manners at school?" He chided.