ㅤ45ㅤLEVEL OF CONCERN.

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
LEVEL OF CONCERN.

The moment (Y/N) had woken up, she knew that something was off

The moment (Y/N) had woken up, she knew that something was off. Her cheeks were hotter than usual, and her head was swimming with a strange dizziness.

Her room was going in circles, throwing off her centre of balance. She blinked a couple of times to get rid of the sensation, only for it to come back with a vengeance.

A small groan escaped her lips.

(Y/N) isn't the type to get sick easily. Nothing can set her off; but these past few days have been nothing but stressful to her, mentally and physically, and to top it all off, her whole body got soaked in the rain for a very long period of time just last night.

But mostly, she assumed that the main contributor here was the stress. Chronic stress and exposure to emotional events can cause a psychogenic fever. This means the fever is caused by psychological factors instead of a virus or other type of inflammatory cause. This also means that it's not necessary for her to take any kind of medicine.

...Probably.

It wasn’t an ideal way to start the day, but she can't afford to miss class, so she does the next best thing— ignore it until it goes away.

━━

Time went by slowly, every second weighed her down. (Y/N) felt like she's steaming in a sauna and locked in a freezer at the same time. Her body felt too hot but the cold air irritated her skin that it made her crave for warmth, and if someone were to push her the wrong way, she would surely hit the ground.

Only a few more hours, and she can finally go back to her room to rest. The reward of home dangling in front of her is what keeps her going.

Yaoyorozu glanced at her for a split second, and commented, "Is everything okay? You look kind of... sick?"

Laying her cheek against her propped hand, (Y/N)'s eyelashes fluttered tiredly. "Really? I'm fine though."

"Oh, okay then..." The ravenette gave her one last look of concern before turning away, and (Y/N) internally breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Alright class, listen up," Aizawa said as he walked inside, dragging his yellow sleeping bag along behind him. "Today's lesson plan will be a little different. I know I said we'd be doing the same training but something came up that I forgot about. As you all heard in principal Nezu's speech, some villains are now attacking just for the sake of it. Now that All Might is retired, villains won't think twice about pulling larger stunts. We have to prepare you for dealing with situations like these. Of course, the most practical way to improve is through experience, so that's exactly what we're going to give you. In a month, you will be embarking on another field shadowing with a Pro Hero. In other words, an internship again, but more intense than last time. Since most of you have your provisional licensees you can now legally engage in combat outside of school. Those who haven't will attend remedial courses next month so there's no need to worry about not catching up."