ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤAFTER ENDING.

The door locks behind her with a soft click. She stood in the hallway for a long moment, looking ahead but not focusing on anything as she waited for a response. A response doesn't come, so she frowned and finally dropped her bag by the door.

"Shouto?" Her eyes roamed around the house and the moment she does, the weariness settles deep into her bones.

(Y/N)'s head spinned, and she leaned heavily on a wall for support as she rides out another wave of nausea. She closed her eyes and considers calling out for her husband again, but Shouto might be asleep already.

It's now three hours later than she was supposed to be home after all– and she knows that he might have an early patrol tomorrow morning.

Still supporting herself on the wall, she makes her way down the hallway slowly. She pauses once in a while when everything spins, entirely disoriented, before gritting her teeth and pushing through it.

This is what she wanted, she reminded herself: she wanted to be the hero, and quirks are physical abilities that have an effect on the body.

"(Y/N)?"

She looked up far too quickly, groaning as her head spins again. The two-toned haired man comes around the corner, and when he spotted his wife, his whole demeanor softened; his shoulders droop with relief, eyes quickly scanning her over for any damage and upon finding that it's only her hero costume that is ripped and marred, the corners of his lips turn up ever so slightly.

"I'm late," (Y/N) huffed out, though she leaned on the wall and closed her eyes, momentarily grateful for the cold surface against her scorching skin. "You're making dinner... Did you burn it?" She added, wistful as she realized that it was the man's turn to cook tonight.

Her hearing picks up on him moving closer. When the other hero chuckled, she felt his presence nearby without having to open her eyes to check.

"...Yes," Shouto admitted and she can feel his arms snaking around her torso, encasing her in a loose embrace. "You figured it out?"

"Of course. I am your lover, after all."

Even though her head was pounding, she forced the scoff past her lips. "Anyway, I'm not surprised," she said quietly. "Where's Kazue? Is he sleeping already?"

Dull (E/C) irises were revealed slowly by the opening of her tired eyelids, fighting against the natural instinct to close them when they immediately start burning from exertion, and it's so worth it when she gets to see her husband.

Shouto was already dressed down, in just a plain shirt and a pair of dark sweatpants thicker than usual, given that it's the middle of winter.

He nodded his head a little in confirmation. "He got tired from playing too much with your parents earlier." He paused for a moment before he added, "My father also came by and he threw a tantrum. I guess he got tired from that too."

"That's adorable."

"Stop encouraging his little fits."

(Y/N) chuckled quietly and brings both of his hands to his face, gently rubbing underneath his chin and his cheek at the same time. The action causes the man to close his eyes and smile happily.

"You take affection like a cat, Shouto."

"Meow?"

"...What?"

"Nothing." He cleared his throat softly and continued like nothing happened. "...I have something to tell you." When she tiredly quirked a brow at him, he continued, "Recently, I have discovered that I have become a simpson."