ㅤ66ㅤHOLD ME TIGHT.

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
HOLD ME TIGHT.

In the middle of a hospital room, stood a single hospital bed

In the middle of a hospital room, stood a single hospital bed. The curtains from the large window were slightly pulled over it, blocking the sunlight a little and dimming the room.

White.

Everything was white.

Everything felt white.

It disgusted him.

Hospitals are lonely places. For all that they bustle with nurses and doctors and porters and cleaners and staffs and patients and visitors and anyone else who might show up— Gin always felt hollow inside them.

Gin never liked hospitals, that's why he has a personal doctor to take care of his treatable wounds. In hospitals, there is no openness, no space, nothing shines but the smell of disinfectant.

The last times he were in a hospital, it was so many years ago, he had nearly died, a rising star of a hero that made a reckless move during his battle. And then several more years after, he was back, treating a (H/C) haired child that he now called his daughter.

But now, he was the Number Two Pro Hero and he was back because of a rescue mission to save a little girl who needed them so desperately.

His steel eyes stared at the motionless body lying on the bed, and he can't help all the negative feelings creeping up inside him. He turned his back away, preferring to look outside the large window, a feeling akin to melancholy enveloping him.

No one would understand how angry the situation made him, how much of a miserable failure he had felt, that someone who had needed help, and he had been too far away to give it.

That someone was his very own daughter.

(Y/N) was quiet now, too quiet. The doctors said that she will recover and will wake up soon, that she's responding well to treatment and the best thing for her is to rest and let her body catch up to all the medication.

Her body was unmoving, but he knows that her state was pushed to the limit. Stressed. Miserable.

"She's growing up fast, our little (Y/N)," Virgo whispered from beside him. Her voice was unusually hushed and soft, seemingly afraid that unnecessary noises would worsen their daughter's condition. She seemed to catch her husband's tensed presence and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I—" He began, but his throat sticked a bit because he has all been quiet for a long time. "I'm fine. Just thinking about some things."

"...It's not everyday that we see her, especially together. I knew— I hoped— we would see her in a hospital one day, but I envisioned it would be when she's having her first child. Instead, she's 16 and in a hospital because of a villain." She talked once again but this time, her voice began to tremble slightly which caused her husband to place his hand on the smaller of her back in a way to silently comfort her.