I Hate You P2

I laid my head on the door frame of the battered old Blue beetle listening to the engine hurry along the empty roads, the darkness interrupted by the waves of the streetlamps light that rushed over the head of the car. I tried to sleep but the trip had been taking so long that I had slept so much it was getting hard to stay asleep even if I was tried. I could hear occasionally tapping as Benny tabbed his rings against the wheel when he drove down the road. 

"Y/n? are you sleeping?" He asks

"I was." I sighed 

"Sorry"

"what do you want?"

"We're almost there"
"You could have woke me when we where there"

"... I said I was sorry wifey" He says pulling me to rest my head on his shoulder, I smiled a little getting cosy on his shoulder with his nice soft shirt 

"You're boney"

"thank you? I... I really don't know how to respond to that. Yes I am"

"You're a dumb husband"
"I know" He smiled giving my head a kiss 

"How much further to your house?"

"Apartment" he corrects 

"apartment?" I asked and he nods ".... what floor?" I asked carefully

"..... a basement"

I took  a breath sitting up straight, "We are going... to a basement apartment?"

"Yes"

"We are not living in your apartment"

"why not? it's great"

"We are married"

"We're newlyweds. little basement apartment it's perfect for us"

"Fine" I sighed "Until we have the money for a house"

"We are not going to get a house in new York y/n"

"Yeah we will"
"No we won't, it's ridiculously expensive. Rentals are insane why do you think I live where I do?"

"I'm not renting." I pout "What about when we are not newlyweds anymore? when we are a married couple, with a baby? You think I'm slumming it in some little cracker box with a baby?"

"No of course not if you get pregnant then we will get a house" 

"If?"

"...When"

"Yeah I will" I smirked 

"What about your place? I haven't actually ever heard you talk about it?"

"I live downtown with my friend Lisa. it's a first floor apartment with parking and a gardren"

"we could live there... that would be good actually I don't have parking"

"Lisa's not moving out any time soon"

"Fuck"
"Yeah"
"we could trade?"

"How so?"

"We move into yours Lisa has my old place?"

"we don't wanna live at my place, there's a lady with rat's next-door" 

"So?"

"Like a lot of rats. like she has an open sewer and just feets what turns up in her garden"

"Ooohhhh.... yeah no"

"Why don't we move out of new york?"

Ooohhh that hit a nerve, he glared at me like I just fucking bitch slapped his mother "No"