A Kid. P3

I sat a little nervous, in the dark apartment only the little lights on above us, my robe wrapped around me tightly to keep out the chill Y/n sat in the chair beside me her little dressing gown wrapped around her too, she looked nervous but I understood why. Arthur sat across from us staring at us, He wasn't happy, he wanted answers, and he was smart enough to get them.

He was watching our every move.

"Arthur-" She began

"Can I please... Just have some answers" 

"Okay," I nodded

"what did you wanna know?" she asks

"How did you meet?" He asks

"Chess tournament" I smiled "Toronto Tournament wasn't it?"

"It was, I had been trying for a few years at that point to bridge the gap between the small regional tournaments onto the larger state tournaments and higher but I couldn't do it on my own, and... I don't know why but, Mr Watts saw something in me" she smiled 

"I watched you play, and I saw you were smart. and you should have been doing better than you did. so I offered you a little help because I thought you had potential" I explained holding her hand "so I let you come here to new york with me and gave you some training" 

"What happened?" He asks

"We stayed together, and got attached and... we got close" I smiled "Arthur your mother and I... were together for a while" I explained 

"Is... is it true? what you said mummy?"

"Yes. I know for sure Arthur. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't know how you'd feel about having a father who wasn't in your world, How that would make you feel? or affect you so I just never mentioned it. and when you took an interest in chess I knew you'd probably meet each other and I wanted to leave it alone. You never knew about each other so I kept it that way" she explained

"You... you didn't know about me?" He asked

"No, She left me before she knew about you. and I had no idea you existed until we met" I explain "I didn't know what had happened to y/n, I didn't know where she went, I didn't know why she left me, I didn't know about you, I didn't know I had kids anywhere in the world, I didn't know I had ever.... had kids somewhere else in the world, It was something I never knew and never even thought about before." I explained "I never even thought I'd ever have kids,"

"Did you not want them?" he asked

"No I just... never thought any woman would love me enough to give me a kid" I answered and y/n smiled at me squeezing my hand a little 

"I did," she smiled 

"Then why did you go?" I asked her

"You went to France, which I knew about for the tournament there and I knew... Clio would be there and you'd said you'd have dinner with her which I knew and I understood" she explained "And then Next thing I knew you were calling me from Moscow in a hotel room, with Clio. and... you didn't tell me you were going, you didn't tell me when you were going, and I didn't know, you were taking her" she says almost in tears "Moscow was, Maybe once In a lifetime for you. And for me. And There was a very very good chance you could Have won I was thinking it was assumed you were going to and... when I found out that you wanted to go to this place, this tournament, this... Important moment. and I wasn't the one you wanted with you" 

"Y/n, Of course I wanted you with me. I would have taken you to Moscow and back a thousand times, But you didn't have a passport, you had work, and I didn't wanna go to Russia by myself" I told her "When I came home and you were gone... I was heartbroken, I'd just lost the biggest tournament in my life and I came home and the love of my life was fucking gone!"