Daddy!

I sat at the table in our little apartment, the ice-cold floor against my feet, the sun coming in through the open little basement window, the heated steam around the room still not settled from the last shower. I was sorting through the mail putting it into three piles: one for me, one for y/n and one for junk. I glanced up a moment seeing the blurred shadows of y/n getting dressed in our bedroom, and I looked over to the rug where Erica sat with her little table playing tea with her dolls and bears. She saw me and waved so I waved back just then the door to the bedroom opened and I smiled seeing her in her little white tennis shoes, her black stockings, and her little blue dress her hair done up tightly and her make up perfect

"You look beautiful" I told her

"Thank you benny" she giggled

"Erica? Doesn't mummy look beautiful?" I asked her

"Mummy always looks lovely" she giggled running and giving y/n a hug

"Aww thank you Erica. Now come on mummy needs to go to work" she says petting Erica's hair and pushing her away "are you sure?" She asks coming to the table so I got up

"Y/n" I laughed, giving her forehead a kiss "I'll be fine. How hard can it be?"

"Don't say that" she giggled "I just... I don't know, your not used to it, and it's been a while and not since- maybe I should stay home"

"Y/n, go to work darling. I'll be fine, nothing bad is going to happen I promise." I told her "everything with be fine,"

"I don't know I'm just worried about leaving you alone"

"Seriously? Y/n? I am the us chess championship I can handle our four year old daughter for a few hours"

"I know. It's just your not around her much and you don't know what it's-"

"I know I haven't, but I have to learn don't I? It'll all be fine. Don't you trust me?"

"Do you want the honest answer Benny or the lies?"

"Lie to me" I shrug

"You'll do fine I completely trust you" she says getting her bag and going to leave but I stopped her arm

"And the truth?"

"There are days Benny I don't trust you to look after a cake"

"In all fairness... it's not like I'm gonna eat our daughter? She's not delicious like cakes you bake"

"I did make her" she laughed

"I helped!" I argued "come here sweetheart" I smiled and Erica happily ran into my arms so I sat her on my hip letting her nuzzle with my shirt "we'll be fine won't we? Mummy doesn't need to worry? We're gonna have the best day aren't we princess?"

"Yeah! Bestest day with daddy" erica giggled

"Alright, just follow the instructions."

"I know" I sighed

"You know where Jr's schedule is?'

"Yes I know where jr's stuff is" I laughed slightly rolling my eyes

"Okay, take care all of you I'll be back for dinner" she smiled giving erica a kiss and then me "don't fuck this up benny" she warns before getting her things and heading off to work.

"Well, make it just us now erica. Well us and your brother" I told her

"Can we play daddy! Can we?' she giggled

"Five minutes princess, daddy needs to finish with the mail and then we need to get you dressed" I told her putting her down so she ran off to play again, I finished up with the mail and went over to I guess the kids room, the corner of the apartment that I think just had a desk at one point where now all the kids stuff sat with a screen to decide if from the rest of our one room apartment but we were in the moving process we had found a little house but we can't move in till the other people are moved out so we're just kinda stuck here till they leave. With Erica's little bed and jr's crib and all their clothes and toys I helped Erica into her little blue dress much like her mother's having a bit of a fight with it, so many strings, so many buttons and tiny clasps. As soon as I got her dress on, jr began crying so I went over and picked him up out of his crib instantly noticing the problem "whoa! Yeah jr I think I'd be crying too if I smelt like that" I complained making erica giggle as I took him to the table and began changing him I knew y/n wouldn't have done it before she left she would have Intentionally left it for me, having to be very carefully "no! No jr. No. We do not bite daddy!" I told him he might not have teeth yet but when he gets your finger or anything in his mouth he will bring the full strength of his jaw down on you and it fucking hurts!

"Daddy!!!! You have to braid my hair for me!!" Erica squealed jumping on her bed

"I know princess. I know. Five minutes while I deal with your brother. And don't jump on the bed" I told her "ahh! Jr no! No! Do not pee on me!" I warn him quickly finishing changing him as well as dressing him for the day

"Daddy!" Erica whines

"I know sweetheart I know. I'm coming" I told her as I put jr in his chair giving him his milk for this morning then sitting on her bed with her starting to braid her hair, following instructions in her little book as I very rarely do it y/n always does it for her, this part over here and then this part over there ughh why do you have so much hair! Until it was done... mostly. It'll Do. And jr had finished his bottle so I put him in the stroller and did Erica's little shoes "now mummy days we need to go shopping and to the dentist. Now I think mummy is making it more difficult for us so I think we should go to the dentist first then shopping and then we can get ice cream okay?"

"Yeah!"

"Good girl, you're gonna bring dolly?" I asked as I got my coat on

"I have to bring dolly" she giggled, getting her little rag doll and hurting along with me.