Letters To Apartment 64 D P2

I sat at my table unable to stop flipping through my little box at all our old letters, photos, little trinkets, all our old chess games. Looking at her most recent letter and the sweet polaroid of her beautiful little dress in the grass, it even smelt of her perfume as she always has the letters a spritz so they smelt of her perfume. He was right this is stupid I have the money and I've never really met her.

So I squared up my typewriter and made myself a cup of tea with one of the little tea bags she sent me in her last letter

'My Dearest Y/n,

I have missed you terribly, I was thrilled when I got home to the apartment and noticed your letter, you know how much it cheers me up to hear from you'

I filled out the letter with tournament news as always things that were going on and of course, sent my own move in reply in order to continue our game putting the letter and the move in separate small envelopes for her and I loaded up another bit of paper

"Dearest y/n.

We have known each other for a very long time now, and not a day goes by I don't think of you in some small way, and even though there lies an ocean between us, even though we have never truly seen eye to eye or even touched skin to skin, I know my feelings for you are beyond measure and I know you feel the same.

But I cannot wait any longer.

I have sent you over some money from my recent tournament prize, I know we said we wanted to wait perhaps to meet in Paris sometime but I'm desperate to see you, to hear your voice to finally meet you in person. There should be enough for a first-class flight of course and even enough for a hotel, I can offer you my living room but I don't know how comfortable you'd be given... we haven't ever met, so there's enough for a hotel too.

I hope I get to see you soon

Love Benny X'

I put the letter in an envelope with the cash and gave them each a spitz with my aftershave as always drawing a little Panda on the envelope for her as I sealed it all up in one large envelope writing her address on giving it a tap in my hand for a moment unsure to do it but I slipped my boots and my jacket on heading up to the mall boxes putting it on for outgoing mail.

I sat playing chess with myself, what's new I suppose contemplating what I could potentially do for dinner today. I have eggs. And.... I think there's cheese in the fridge.

When the phone rang for a moment making me jump I glanced at the clock who would be calling me at half five at night? So I picked it up and immediately heard Serval strange beeps and tones as if connecting through things until at last, I heard someone on the other line

"You stupid boy"

"Uhhhh... who is this?" I asked very confused

"Who do you think it is"

"Honestly, I have no idea. Could be anyone"

"It's me, you American imbecile"

"Y/n!" I said in shock surprised I didn't recognize her voice "awwww hi sweetheart I didn't know you were going to call today"

"Well I wanted to"

"To call me stupid?"

"Yes"

"What did I do?"

"I got my post this morning, you shouldn't have done that"

"Well. I wanted to" I smiled "I miss you. Y/n I've known you so long now, and... I really like you hell you know I love you don't you"