Dirty Habit

Requested :

Benny Watts x reader, the two are roommates in New York, the reader has a habit of smoking when stressed/need to think and Benny noticed this. One evening, when they were at the bar near their house - drinking Whiskey and playing speed chess together, Benny said to the reader, "If you lose two games in a row, don't smoke, okay?" Reader (who was smoking to think as usual) shrugged to indicate that she wouldn't lose. But after two games, the reader loses and Benny takes the cigarette from the reader by kissing her?

I sat on the fire escape my foot tapping rapidly again the metal grating, the sounds of cars going up and down the busy new York streets. the only thing bringing me a slight bit of peace was bringing the ciggette to my lips inhaling the harshness holding it tight before blowing out what remained.

"It's a dirty habbit" his voice perked up I rolled my eyes a little glancing in thought the open escape window to the main room of the apartment, the door on the back wall with the small grey kitchen to the side even if it really wasn't much more then a fridge, oven, sink and single counter top, the three doors to the right for the two bedrooms and bathroom, my sofa wedged up the corner beside the shelf and in the centre the table where he sat deep in his game with himself in his jeans and his floral kimono I meerly glared at him and he ran his hand over his spikey chin "I'm just saying"

"You want me to get into your bad habbits or are you smart enough to shut the fuck up?"

He smirked a little raising his eyebrows "hit a nerve" he says continuing with his game

"You often do" I sighed putting my cigarette out and climbing back inside the apartment sitting on the sofa crossing my arms

"Do you want to have a conversation so that we can get to the bottom of what's bothering you or do you just wanna sit and pout?" He asks and I glared again "sit and pout it is"

"You left your laundry in the dryer"

"That what this is about?"

"no! But it doesn't help"

He sighed and finished his game before turning on his chair to see me leaning his elbow on the table and his cheek on his hand "what's the matter y/n?"

"I'm fine." I snapped back

"Bullshit. Your frustrated as fuck'

"Oh you know that because your a chess genius do you?"

'no. You only smoke when your frustrated." He says "what's the matter?"

"Nothing is the matter! When I do or do not smoke is none of your damn business benny!"

"....what's. the. matter."

"Mikey hasn't called me"

"Ahhh there it is." He smiled "maybe he's busy?"

"For four days!"

"Did we pay the phone bill?"

"Yes."

He got up and came to sit beside me "he's a dick don't let him stress you out don't give that little fucker the time of day you can do way better anyway"

"You think so?"

"I know so"

"Thank you benny"

"Your welcome y/n"

"What happened to that girl you were dating anyway?"

"I haven't dated anyone in like four years"

"Okay let me rephrase that. What happened to that girl you were fucking?"

"I was replaced"

"By?"

"A vibrating toothbrush"

".... I mean, I can't say I blame her benny"

"Yeah she realised that either way she ended the night partly satisfied and white dripping down her chin, and the toothbrush she doesn't have to leave the house so?"

"Yeah that's fair" I shrug "did she mention the brand of toothbrush?"

"No. There's a bathroom between us and I still hear way more then I want to"

"If I have to listen to you then you have to listen to me"

"Fair enough"

I sat on the small porch of the bar often bringing my cigarette to my lips trying to calm myself down after everything, soon enough benny arrived back at the table with a blue ribbon in each hand setting one in front of me and the other infront of him "Dirty Habit" he says

"I know I know but... work. And just shit in general" I sighed

"You've had a lot of cigarettes lately" he says as he set the board between us up for another speed chess game

"I've been very stressed lately" I sighed as we plaid until I won

"Okay... How about this, If I win this game you put out that cigarette out?"

"And when I win?"

"I'll buy you a pack"

"Sure" I shrugged setting the board up again and we plaid a rather quick and merciless game of speed chess and it wasn't long until I was backed into a corner and he smirked I did my best to keep it going but I knew I had no choice so I sighed resigned and put my cigarette out which made him very happy resting the board and I got another cigarette from my bag

"Hey!"

"I put out my cigarette. Didn't say I couldn't get another one"

"Okay, How about if I win two in a row, you put that out and ... you try to give up the cigarettes"

"Really?"

"I'll let you have some leeway but you have to actually try to give up"

"And if I win?"

"I'll shut up about it being a bad habit. I'll never mention it again"

"Never?"

"Not ever I promise"

"Deal" I smirked I did my best our game much slower but far more merciless I didn't let him get over me quiet so easily he actually had to put a bit of fight against me slowly but surely until I noticed what he'd done "God damn it" I sighed

"So?" he smirked

"It's not over till it's over" I snapped still doing my best to fight for a good few more moves using the cigarette to calm my nerves until I had no other option and I resigned which only made him smirk more, he pulled the cigarette from my lips and threw it to the floor stamping out the cigarette I sighed before he turned his attention back to me he leant over the table giving my lips a soft kiss which made me jump a little and my cheeks turn bright red "Uhhhhhh"

"So?" He smirked holding his hand out I rolled my eyes but handed over my cigarettes "Lighter" he warns so I sighed and handed my lighter over too "Thank you, I know it'll take time but you're giving up"

"Fine" I sighed "But How exactly do you plan on making sure I do give up?"

"Well I have your word, given our deal." he says "and I'll set up a system of rewards and punishments for you" he winked

"Ohhh"

"So, come on finish your drink and we'll head back to the apartment" he smirked

"Am I allowed a smoke after?"

"After?" he glared

"After..." I smirked

"Maybe, We'll see."

"Alright" I finished up my drink

"Good girl" He says taking my hand and giving it a gentle kiss