You always know

Requested:

so just hear me out. MAJOR FLUFF. This can either be Nigel, Benny Whitey WHOEVER OUT OF THOSE THREE YOU WANT So they're upset like they had a bad day or just in a bad mood and y/n being a good girlfriend she immediately comes up with an idea. The idea being that she just has whoever you pick lay their head on her thighs/lap and she just like RUFFLES HIS HAIR WHILE COMPLIMENTING HIM. And it immediately makes Whoever you pick so happy they're just instant 😊 immediately.

I hummed to myself as I washed the last couple of dishes in the sink, I gave them a good scrub from dinner and set them in the rack to dry. I heard a car as it pulled up outside and I jumped a little as I heard a car door slam shut but didn't think much of it and continued with the dishes. I perked up though as I headed footsteps down the stairs so I dried off my hands and turned expecting perhaps a knock on the door but I heard it unlock and it swiftly opened.

In stepped Benny, but immediately I could tell something was up. He marched in with heavy-footed steps and slammed the metal door closed behind him so much it vibrated the doorframe, he dropped his bag onto the floor, kicked off his shoes, and threw his hat and jacket on the hook. His face was stern, his brow low, his eyes almost darker than usual.

I spoke up, attempting to determine what I could. "Hi Benny, how was it?"

"Don't. Even start!" he snapped, he ran a hand through his hair as he moved across the apartment

"Is everything alright Benny?"

"I don't want to talk about it!" He yelled as he went into our bedroom and slammed the door shut.

"Okay," I gulped. I collected his bag from the door, unpacked the bag from his trip, set his books back in their places on the shelf,  his board on the table, and did a load of his laundry. Once all that was done I grabbed the large ceramic penguin mug and set it on the counter, I grabbed a small skillet pan and the milk bottle from the fridge I poured the milk into the skillet, set the bottle on the side to wash up to return to the milkman tomorrow morning, I let the milk heat while I got the small brown sachet from the back of the cupboard I checked the date and gave it a good shake in one hand while I took the skillets handle and poured it into the mug to let the hot milk steam. I ripped the sachet with my teeth making sure to stir as I poured in the powder turning the warm milk into hot chocolate once it was fully mixed I got some Hersey's syrup adding a nice glob into the bottom of the mug and added some small marshmallows.

I took the mug in hand and sheepishly shuffled my slippers across the apartment carefully opening the door snunk myself inside to see Benny. He sat on the bed his back against the wall and his legs stretched off the side his jeans still in but his socks thrown into the laundry basket, his black turtleneck on snuggly with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows his usual chains against his chest. His arms crossed over his chest and in his hand the small silver cigarette box and a lit cigarette between his lips. He saw me but I spoke first"

"Benny darling, I made your favourite," I smiled offering the mug

For a moment his smile cracked "You always know just how to help,"

"That I do," I smiled coming over to sit on the bed, I passed over the mug which he happily took cradling close to his chest

"You even put it in penguin for me, I thought I wasn't allowed to use the penguin mug?"

"Well, special times." I smiled as I pushed over his slippers from under the bed which he slipped on as he sipped his hot chocolate" What's this?" I asked as I took the cigarette from his fingers

"It's been a long day y/n," he says

"Ummm" I nodded and put the cigarette out in the small ashtray on the dresser "Now, come on then tell me all about it,"

"I'm not sure I'm in the mood..."

"Come here darling," I cooed and gave my thigh a tap

For a moment he rolled his eyes but set his cigarette box on the table with the hot chocolate and he moved so he could rest his head on my thighs

"There we go, all nice and cosy" I smiled as I grabbed the folded blanket from the bed and spread it over him and began to gently stroke his sweet hair "Now tell me all about it"

He sighed but in a nice peaceful way "Okay... so this fucking guy at the tournament was being an utter cunt he didn't want to use my clock which is like what the fuck but whatever but he also didn't want me to use his clock" he explained

"Well that's just plain unreasonable darling"

"Exactly! And then when we got all that sorted he spent ten minutes sharpening his bloody pencil and I said hey man I have other games to play too today"

"Which is a very logical response my darling"

"And he got such a fucking ass about it saying I was wasting his time so he went in the defensive which I mean I can deal with"

"Aww of course you can Benny darling you do your best work playing off defensive"

"Thank you, and he'd already lost but he just kept dragging it out"

"Very unsportsmanlike"

"Exactly! And I told him look you cunt this is my last game your being a dick I need to get home to my girlfriend you and your bullshit is all that's preventing that right now"

"Awww that's very sweet Benny"

"And he fucking called security on me!"

"Ohh I'm so sorry darling"

"It's fine it's just... been a long day"

"Did you win?"

"I did"

"Good, I knew my handsome boy would, anything else you would to tell me?"

"Ohh this fucking woman thought I took her hotel room I kept telling her no this is 108 your room is 801 your holding the key label upside down" he explained, and he went on for a while about the various things from his little trip all the while I just softly stroked his hair and gave him sweet little compliments and such to make him feel better sometimes we'd stop so he could sip his hot chocolate the whole time I plaid with his hair his smile slowly grew often her nuzzle his head closer or he'd make little happy sounds when I tucked in the blanket or found a particularly pent up tense spot on his head to massage with my fingers

"Does this make you feel better Benny darling?"

"It does, very much sweetheart. You always know how to cheer me up."

"I like to I know sometimes these trips can be hard for you and I like you to know how loved and appreciated you are"

"Aww thank you sweetheart" he smiled sitting up and kissing my lips even if I could taste the chocolate on his lips "You and your cuddles and kisses and all your knowledge is very appreciated too you always know how to make me feel better after these things even just seeing you cheers me up a little" he smiled cuddling me close to him

"Awww" I smiled giving his lips a little kiss "Now, how's about I set the little board up and we can play some games wrapped up in bed with a nice hot tea?'

"That sounds perfect sweetheart"