Somewhere That's Green P1

I parked up beside the street as I usually did, shutting the little beetle off and climbing out, I pushed forward the seats and grabbed the two big bags of groceries holding them tight so as to not drop anything. I shut the door with my foot and headed down the little stairs noticing the darkness damn it the landlord said he'd get it fixed by seventeen and that was yesterday, I'll call him again later. So I headed down again deeper to my little apartment door. I unlocked it and opened it heading inside, dumping my groceries on the kitchen side. I went shutting my door and slipping off my hat and coat, to unpack my shopping as I got stuff that needs the freezer and fridge. I worked away silently for a good while throwing away stuff that had been in my fridge so long it has gone strange these eggs are still okay right? If eggs stink there good like the ones I just bought I grabbed one from the fridge and put it in the water ah. No that's floating like a duck. Okay, eggs are bad. Once I had put everything away I sat down at my table and had a look at my chess board it was exactly as I had left it.

"Meow" I heard which admittedly made me jump a little, I looked up and saw the family black cat wondering out of my bedroom giving me a look of how dare I wake it from it's nap, the cat came and sat on my table with a yawn

"Hello Percy" I sighed "I leave that little window open because it let's some air in here I do not leave it open for you to come wondering in to sleep on my bed"

"Meow" he whined coming and nuzzling into my neck

"Come on, let's get you back" I sighed scooping the stupid cat up in my arms which he happily accepted I went up slowly doing my best to make sure I wouldn't loose the cat going up the little stairs to the apartment above mine in the first level down from the street instantly I saw it was much lighter now then how I had passed moment ago, I looked and saw the door to the apartment was open and I smiled a little taking in every inch I could.

She stood again the grey stone floor in her little pastel green heels not high heels but I'd say an inch or two of heel with little bows on the front, the stretched nylon of her stockings casting a sheer black over her legs with the white line running up the back of each leg of her stockings seams, she had white petticoats just poking out from under her dress, which was a sweet light pastel green matching her shoes with a slight floral texture to it, she had a little white knitted cardigan around her shoulders and pearls around her neck, her make up done perfectly with her classic sharp precision slightly overlining her cupid's bow as she has always done, her hair down to her shoulders with her sweet curls fresh from hot rollers, a green bow that matched her dress in her hair sitting perfectly in her hair. She was looking for something seeming concerned as she liked up the stairs towards the street

"Percy? Percy?" She called

"No need to worry I found him" I spoke up she turned and smiled widely coming closer and taking the cat from me

"Ohh there you are percy, I've been looking for you forever" she says cuddling him closely "thank you Benny, where was he?"

"Three guesses"

"On your bed again?"

"Bingo"

"Percy you have to stop that" she sighed

"It's alright, I don't mind bringing him back"

"Thank you, would you like a cup of tea?"

"Uhhh yeah go on then" I nodded

We headed into her apartment and I was as always taken aback by the place especially when compared to my own apartment just downstairs. She head a lovely little past blue kitchen with stand mixers and little tea towels, her living room a sweet sofa and chair with a small oval table, a large bookshelf impressive it even rivaled my own, her bedroom closed up but I could see thought her own little window the bedsheets made so perfectly with her clothing rail all her dresses in a rainbow order, all of it was old with scuffs and marks where it had all been well used but it all shined sweetly like it had been taken care of, every hole in the sofa or cushioned had been lovingly stiched, the rug cleaned and dried weekly, everything in her apartment was old not her own but she took such good care of it all as she couldn't afford new things. She was such a sweet thing with a long list of struggles.

She moved in here a few years back with her husband, she moved here so she wasn't far from her mother who was very ill at the time. It wasn't long before her mother past and not long after that before her husband left her, she's so sweet and kind even though all the terrible things her cat often wandered down to spend time with me and oftentimes I would make the effort to spend time with her. She set the kettle to make the tea so I sat on the little chair percy came sitting on his little bed beside the sofa, she stood a moment washing up empty milk bottles drying them and then sitting them on the little holder thy usually come in Sitting them by the door. By then he kettle was done so she made the tea and brought it over on the little cups and saucers I took it having a sip as she bought sugar, sitting it on the table, she smiled and sat on the sofa putting her feet up having slipped her shoes under the table.

"So how goes things?"

"Alright, I have some more tournaments coming up just stocked up the house with things"

"You always stock up then you end up away for three weeks"

"I know. I have a bad habit of that"

"I can keep an eye on downstairs if you like make sure nothing goes bad in the fridge"

"That'd be lovely y/n."

"You're not going anywhere till after the sixteenth are you?"

"Uhh no I don't believe so no"

"Then would you be able to keep an eye on my apartment for me"

"Ohh yeah sure, I mean you do when I go away, where are you off to?"

"Memphis for a week to see daddy"

"No worries, you talking Percy?"

"Of course, Percy has to go see his mummy and daddy too" she giggled

"Yeah I'll look after the place for you" I told her "when are you going?"

"Saturday morning"

"Aww, you packed already?"

"Just a few more things to pack"

"You getting a taxi? To the airport?"

"I have already booked a taxi"

"Okay, but if you're going to be gone then I won't get your help will I?"

"I suppose not,"

"But I always have your help to make me... feel better and keep my mind on my work"

"Well I suppose we... have time before I go and a little bit of time after I get back, before you go"

"We have plenty of time" I smirked taking her hand...