Mr Watts P1

I put my last bit of paper down having a sip of my coffee making sure I had everything I would need when my phone rang so I grabbed it putting It it my ear "hello?"

"Hey Benny" beth said clearly with a cigarette between her lips

"Hey Beth. How goes grandmastering?"

"Good. Been working hard you know"

"Yeah I know, your a busy girl" I laughed we chatted as we often did for a good while about kentucky about new york, about everything and nothing really "ohh yeah I was gonna tell you I.... Kinda got a job"

"A job?"

"Well some of us don't get all that nice 1st place championship money."

"What are you doing?"

"NYU is starting up a new course this semester, chess history and stratagem. I am a lecturer."

"Your a fucking teacher!" She laughed

"I taught you, didn't I?"

"You helped train me Benny big difference"

"Still, they offered me the job so I took it. I will start tomorrow."

"Well good luck with that benny. Ohh I gotta go maybe I'll call you next week"

"Yeah sure I'll hear from you soon"

"Okay, bye Benny"

"Bye-" before I even finished she had hung up the phone I sighed putting it down finishing my coffee.

I got all my stuff together and slipped my jacket and hat on I locked up my apartment and climbed into my cold little beetle it didn't want to start but after a few tries it got going so I headed out towards the campus I had visited a couple of times while they debated the job with me I parked up and headed inside to the desk the woman there looked me up and down and seemed puzzled before she spoke "freshman intro main hall"

"Ohh no I'm not a student"

"Oh. Sorry you must be that model. Room 207 for life drawing the art and design building take your clothes off before the class comes in"

"Uuhh no. Benny watts, the new chess lecturer?"

"Oh" she said seeming surprised "mathematic and science building, turn left then right it's the big brick building, here's your class schedule, your classroom is MA16 and your office is on the third floor fifth door" she explained handing me a lot of paperwork and such in a large folder

"Thanks," I nodded taking it all following her instructions arriving at the tall old building I found the classroom fine but I wasn't actually due to teach anything till tomorrow according to my schedule the room had a large chalkboard and desk with a comfy chair as well as coliseum style seats all over it kinda reminded me of the ohio tournament venue, so I went up to look for my office unlocking it with my key she gave me and found a nice little office it was empty of course with two large windows with blinds on each, a empty bookshelf, desk, chairs and a clock on the wall I put my stuff in and say at my desk making myself at home a little putting my things where I wanted them.

"Knock knock Mr Watts" a voice laughed opening my door I looked and saw me peters the man who had suggested this to me and of course hired me

"Ahh morning" I smiled

"Getting settled in alright?"

"Uhh yeah I think so"

"Good, good. I wanted a word actually with you" he said taking a seat across from my desk "we have had a little bit of an influx of this problem with some of our staff members getting into relationships......." He explained

I was confused a moment but I guess I get it lectures banging other lectures.

"With the uhhh students" he says

"The students!" I said in shock

"Yeah it's been a really issue for us"

"I assure you. That is not going to be a problem" I said firmly