Don't distract the Driver

I smiled as I turned on my heel at the bottom of my staircase swinging my weight and my little white suitcase around the last banister rail feeling my petticoats swish as I spin, I put my suitcase by the door going to the kitchen with a skip and a jump over my little rug getting my large travel mug filling it to the tip top with hot coffee. I shut off the last few bits and bobs I had on around the house, when I heard the familiar little engine, I grabbed my handbag and set my white sunglasses on my head next to my little headband. I went and opened the door spotting the pastel blue beetle that now sat at the end of my drive way, I smiled widely seeing the tall, skinny figure who emerged from it.

He climbed out the drivers side his jeans tight to his skinny legs, his usual shoes, His belt tight with his knife sat down his left leg as usual, His grey button down over him with the little slightly metallic lines down the fabric, open to the centre of his chest as usual, his black coat cradled him as usual, his hat in his hand as he pulled back his hair and sat it on his head

"Hello babydoll"

"Hello Benny" I smiled running down the path and into his arms as he wrapped them around me tightly and pulled me close to his chest for a kiss "I made you coffee" I smiled handing him the travel cup

"You. Are. An angel." He says happily taking it and having a savoured sip "ummmm I haven't had a coffee since the highway, thank you babydoll"

"Your welcome, so shall we get packing?"

"Of course put your stuff in the trunk I saved you some room"

"Okay" I nodded starting to bring my bags

".... Babydoll"

"What is it Benny?"

"Need I remind you I own a beetle? Commonly known for being... not that big of cars"

"Yes"

"And I also have all my clothes and such?"

"I know"

"So why do you have like six bags?"

"I need lots. Benny, you think looking this beautiful just happens? You think I wake up like this?"

"I do" He shrugs

"Benny!"

"I know babydoll and you look very beautiful but we are only going for four days."

"I couldn't decide on my dresses so... I took options"

"Options? How many options?"

".... A few" I blushed "plus I couldn't pick a swimsuit"

"Fine stuff what you can in the trunk and throw the rest in the back seat" he sighed,

I smiled as I sat in the cream leather seat my head slightly against the blue metal and the glass of the window and door, I could hear the engine revving and Veering as it went along the long infinitely stretching american highways, The sounds of the air rushing past the window were it doesn't quiet seal properly, The rush of sound every so often, Little sounds when a car past but loud when something like a huge truck went by, The radio on low the gentle music playing slowly, I could smell the oil and fuel of engines around us, I could smell the coffee that sat in the cup holder, I could smell benny's aftershave which brought a wider smile to my lips. I looked out the window and saw the vast straight road, a sign for the route, the local towns and things close to us. I sat up seeing that as we drove we were following a large black car, I glance to Benny as he sat in the driver's seat focused intently on the road and the car in front of him, his bottom lip trapped between his teeth his hair slightly in his eye where he had thrown his hat on the back seat earlier.