Quit it ...

Benny watts, What a dick. just reading his name made me sick to my stomach... and other things. Benny Watts the child chess prodigy genius groomed from an early age, Myself I was too a chess child prodigy and I happened to arrive on the scene mere weeks after him. people liked to say we had a.... tension. But the reality of it simply is that both I and Benny knew the other was in trouble the mere moment we clapped eyes on each other. At the time He was six and I was Four, and of course as two young chess genius' we were pitted against each other, My first real professional tournament was against Benny Watts, he beat me but I was undeterred. You could say we had a rivalry, the fact we were on the professional chess scene at the same time, our ages being so close, our games not too different, All of it turned into a bitter almost sibling-like rivalry for most of my formative years.

But as we both grew up and had to lead things out in the big bad world on our own, something changed between us. We no longer bickered at every event like spoiled children over the big things to the smallest things, one particular one I remember.

"Why does he get a bigger glass of water than me!"

"Why Do I have you share my water with her!"

and so on it went, but it became... like teasing more than arguing, we both wanted to destroy each other but at the same time would never want the other to get hurt in any way, we still cared about each other having almost grown up side by side, I even recall a time he punched someone for trying to get too close to my hotel room.

But even so, it changed again as we got older, the childish rivalry and bickering that changed to teasing became... almost flirting. It couldn't be denied since my teenage years I had found Benny Attractive but I never let him know about it, but there was tension. Sexual or otherwise but it was something some sort of spark of a fire that burnt between us as if the chess boards themselves would be lit by the heat when we played against each other. But chess was all that mattered to Benny even if he did have some sort of feeling for me he probably forced it down so deep inside himself he wouldn't ever show it. and honestly, I'm not sure what Benny would do with emotions like that.

I had hurried over to the new york apartment I somehow often found myself in as my house was getting work done and I couldn't currently live in it the second he opened the door to me something was off.

"fine, But you're buying me some fucking groceries," He says letting me in locking the door behind me "I have some house rules"

"Don't drink, don't hog the shower, don't leave knives on the side. I know benny I've been here enough" I sighed heading to the chair

"No sex," he says

"why would that be a problem?" I asked

"I don't know, you tell me. Is that going to be a problem?"

"No, why would I wanna bring some perspective mate here to this place?"

"It wasn't you bringing someone home I meant"

"what- You?" I laughed "Benny why the fuck would I wanna have sex with you?"

"Because I read," He says

"You read?" I laugh as I unpacked

"yep," he says going to his table picking up a magazine he had conveniently open to a specific article "I do have to admit that growing up in the world of chess had put some strange aspects into my life, and of course I agree that growing up alongside fellow chess champion Benny Watts seeing him going from a young precocious child into an attractive man" he reads

"Benny I said that when I was like sixteen," I laughed

"You still said it," He says

"Ohh get over yourself Watts" I sighed.