A kid.

Well that's all over and done with, time to get myself a cola. I headed off from the set up area with all the boards over to the small bar area in the hotel
"Hey, one cola please" I told him and he nodded getting one out the little fridge behind the bar I paid him and took the glass bottle having a nice sip, it was ice cold and refreshing. I finished up my bottle and left it on the bar before fixing my jacket and heading back into the hotel to the board it should be updated by now, and I'm going to be playing...
Arthur something or other I couldn't read the writing of whoever had done it, table sixteen.
So I headed over to the table expecting the usual some stuck up guy inna suit with greased back hair and a pocket protector for his pencil but as I got to the table I was... Admitedly surprised.
It was a kid.
About four if I had to guess, in little polished shoes, some black little kids suit pants a white button down and a black vest jumper over it, but he looked strange to me, he had a mop of blonde and brown hair and dark brown eyes.
"Hey you holding the seat or something kid?" I asked checking this was infact table sixteen
"Mr Watts I presume" he says getting up and standing on the peice of wood across the two chair legs to be higher offering his hand to me I shook it and sat down across from him still very confused
"So your arthur?"
"Yes, and your Benny" he says fixing his peices
"How old are you?" I asked him
"Five. Why?"
"Hu..."
"What?"
"Nothing, nothing, impressive being at this level at your age. I was ambitious at that age too"
"White moves first" he reminds me as he clicked the clock on I did a classic opening and clicked the clock back "I've heard alot about you" he says as he plaid on
"Have you know? Always wise to check up on a champion" I told him
"All bad" he says
"Was it now?" I laughed "who taught you if you don't mind my asking?"
"My mum"
"Your mum... Tell you about me?"
"Umm. She does not have a high opinion of you" he says "says you play like a defensive hack and dress like a cowboy"
"... I like your mother" I laughed I focused on the game I thought I could go easy on this kid but he was smart, tactful, intellectual, much like I was at his age, in fact the more I sat and looked at him the more it felt like... Looking in a mirror somewhat I saw so much of myself in him, he was just as I was in that age. He even kinda looked like I did at that age, "check" I told him he sighed and load his king down "good game," I told him offering my hand and he happily shook it "you uhh your good kid. I'm sure I will get to play you again, maybe I won't be so lucky that time" I told him making him smile
"Thank you Mr Watts"
"Your welcome," I smiled "ohh Arthur what exactly the boards unreadable"
"Arthur y/l/n"
"Hu... Y/l/n? Why does that sound so familiar?" I said more to myself "where's your mum anyway?"
"I'm not sure she went to get coffee" he says
"What's your mum's name?" I asked him still unable to get that thought out my head where have I heard that name before
"Y/n. Y/n y/l/n" another voice spoke up a voice I could have bet my life I knew
"Mummy!" He smiled jumping off the table and into her arms hugging her leg, I turned and saw her... Y/n y/l/n. A girl I met years ago she was trying to make it into the more professional chess circuit out of the things like the small state tournaments to more of the southern championship and beyond but I mentored her for a while and... We ended up getting close, she was... Just as I had remembered her, in her classic black heels, her black stockings, her little white dress with a black cargiden over it, her hair in those perfect curls I remembered, she looked... Good. I mean she always did but fuck she looked good, or maybe I'm just distracted by the fact her tits have grown like three sizes bigger. I was gobsmaked to see her I haven't seen her in years she gave arthur a cuddle Patting his hair "how'd you do kiddo?"
"I lost"
"Hey, no worries, once we finish up I'll get you some ice cream okay?"
"Okay" he smiled
"Go get your things then" she told him so he came back to the table to gather his paper and pencil and such "hi Benny"
".... Hi." I said with a gulp getting up going over and giving her hand a kiss "you... You look amazing, how are you I haven't seen you in years?"
"Doing okay, been busy with this little guy" she laughed
"I can imagine so, you have taught him well"
"Well, I had a good teacher" she smiled playing with my chains in that playful way she always would
"Humm hell yeah you did" I smirked as she rested her hands on my chest "surprised I had the time to reach you anything" I smirked wrapping my own around her to sit on her hips, fuck her ass is bigger too "you look amazing."
"Didn't I always?"
"You did but... You've improved with age my little flower, like a fine wine" I smirked "fuck have I missed you" I growled in her ear but then I remembered, as I caught Arthur out the corner of my eye stood with his stuff starting at us oh right... The kid.
"What's going on?" He asked
"Nothing kiddo, mummy and Mr Watts know each other" she smiled "don't we?"
"Uhhh yeah, yes I uhh do in fact know your mother, I uh I thought I did" I stuttered
"How do you know my mummy?"
"Ughhhhhh, your mother and I... Used to uhhh" I stuttered unsure what to say, the kids five I can't exactly tell him  'oh hey yeah sorry kid I used to bang your mother and she still looks hot so you mind fucking off while I see if she'll still let me hit that?'
"We used to play together, didn't we Benny?"
"Yes, we used to play together" I nodded "we just haven't seen each other in ... Roughly five and half... Years." I said as it all sort of clicked. "Oh my god"
"Yeah there we go" she giggled "kiddo, get mummy a ice water and get yourself something nice" she smiled handing him a few dollars from her purse he nodded and ran off all while my brain was trying to process this "so..."
"So... That's why you up and left?"
"Yep"
"Okay. You left because you were pregnant. I got you pregnant. That is my kid. Why am I just now hearing about this!"
"How so?"
"Hes five! Why am I just now getting news that I have a fucking kid?" I asked her "why did you not tell me? Phone? Letter? Telegram? Come to my apartment I literally haven't even moved!"
"I was under the impression you didn't want anything to do with me anymore"
"Anything to- y/n. Of course I did whatever made you think I didn't?"
"The fact you ran off to moscow with clio and didn't even tell me?"
"It was last minute, and I knew you couldn't because you didn't have a passport, ... I was heartbroken when I came back and you weren't there."
"I figured you where done with me, moved on to the next girl"
"Even if you did think that, and even if I was why wouldn't you tell me you where pregnant?"
"I didn't find out till months later, I knew the rut you where in after moscow so... I didn't want to bring it up, so I just made it on my own," she says "I've missed you benny"
"I've missed you more" I told her giving her cheek a kiss
"He loves chess, took to it as a baby, he liked pushing the peices around, he makes me read him chess books at night"
"Does he know? That I'm his dad?"
"No, not like he needs to"
"Y/n, have you... Got married?"
"No, still single, not dates anyone since our... Playing together" she laughed
"Then, if you'll let me, I'd love to take you out to dinner tonight. Both of you." I told her and her face lit up "he's my kid y/n, I wanna be a part of his life, and... Yours if you'll let me"
"I love to" she smiled hugging me tightly nuzzling into my neck
"I really have missed you y/n, I meant every word of it, and... You do really look good" I laughed
"Thank you, so do you" she giggled "you have another game to get to benny"
"Oh right, yeah. I will see you later then" I told her
"See you later" she smiled I went to go and see the board to see where I had to be next but she held my hand and brought me back to her giving my lips a gentle kiss I happily kissed back fuck her lipstick even tastes the same "lucky kiss" she giggled
"Thank you," I told her giving her a kiss too "see you later my little flower"