The Agency

I sat rattled with dread and apprehension, my hands quivering and my knees trembling. I sat inside the undersized tiled cubicle in the women's bathroom, My red suitcases on the floor around me, opened up exposing my clothes, makeup and tools. My feet on the floor as I was in the midst of changing after the flight, my hair in my rollers, filled a spray bottle with water from the taps and doused my hair while it sat in the rollers in the hope that it dry it would curl my hair. I removed all my make-up and did it all nice and fresh with my hand mirror. Once my make-up was done as faultlessly as possible even if it took me a good three tries. I crammed my make-up away and changed out of my little pinafore dress, I put on my best shapewear even if it made me feel like a bit of sealed meat. I pulled on my black stockings and clipped them into my suspender belt. I slipped on my little white kitten heels and made sure I was stable in them. I grabbed the dress I had picked out for today and slipped on the black knee-length A-line halter neck dress, making sure to smooth it out and adjust it a few times to try and make sure I looked my best. I slipped my thick white belt around my waist bucking it at the front of my waist giving it some slight adjustments. Once my hair was dry enough I pulled my rollers out my hair seeing the slight curl in my hair, I quickly packed them all away into my suitcase. I grabbed my white headband and pushed it into my hair before finally I set my silver necklace around my neck and coated myself in my perfume.

Once finished I packed everything up into my cases and handbag before I emerged from the stall and went to the mirror giving my hair and dress slight adjustments. I put my coat over my suitcase and held my cases in my hands before I left the bathroom completely and headed out to the airport. I saw well-dressed men and women coming and going for their travels.

I found myself a spot and set my cases down before I grabbed my paperwork from The Agency. I didn't have much information from them, but I suppose the rest I will just have to learn. I put my papers back in my bag and took my cases again standing and looking around to see if I could spot him. But I merely waited for a good while shuffling my feet, watching the clock hands turn each inch they moved around the face filled me with even more anxiety.

I saw a man looking around and I took note of him, he stood in the centre of the airport looking at the board. He wore a pair of black ankle boots well polished, a pair of black jeans with some slight fading on the knees as if well used, a leather belt with a small holster containing a well-sharpened knife, a black T-shirt, three long silver chains around his neck looming at different lengths on his chest, a green textured button down tucked into his jeans with only a few buttons done up to expose the shirt and chains below, a leather trench coat that seemed to move with him to perfectly the leather warmed and well relaxed, he was fairly pale with some spikey hair on his chin and upper lip, the straggles of blonde hair coming from below a greyish brown stetson hat. His hands are in his jacket pockets as he watches the board with a look of brief confusion. He glanced around the first time he just looked around but then he gave me a double take his head snapping back to look at me.

He stepped over confidently but slowly stopping a respectful distance away, he looked me up and down with his chocolate eyes and I too looked him up and down, My eyes lingered on the knife at his hip.

"Uhh... Y/n Y/l/n?" He asked,

The moment my name left his mouth I knew this was true, this was him, this really was happening, I hadn't been stood up or wasted my time, but also the realization that... this was true, this was real, this was happening this was... him.

"Benjamin Watts?" I clarified,

"Yeah," he nodded, "Uhh just Benny if you don't mind,"

"Ohh sorry I didn't-"

"It's not a problem, don't worry about it, I could have sworn I told them." He reassured, "Well... You're very beautiful,"

"Thank you," I blushed, "You uhh you're very handsome,"

"Thanks," he smiled, "So? you wanna get going?"

"Yes, of course, that would be nice..." I nodded,

"You mind if I?" He smiled,

"Ohhh uhh No," I answered even if I wasn't quite sure,

He smiled briefly and moved closer so much I could smell the scent of his earthly woody aftershave mixed with the leather scent of his jacket, he gave my cheek a polite kiss which turned my blush far more intense, before he took one of my cases from me and offered his hand so I happily took it and let him lead me even if I was nervous.

I sat inside the little blue beetle as It scampered through the New York Streets in the setting sun. The sounds of the little air-cooled engine behind us. Benny's hands on the wheel his silver rings often tapping against the wood, the radio lit up on the dashboard turned into a station gently playing It's Been a Long, Long Time by Kitty Kallen low enough to meerly be a gentle whisper.

"So? How much did they tell you?" he spoke up,

"Oh... Not much, I imagine they didn't tell you much either..." I answered,

"A little bit, they let me see your file very briefly."

"They didn't let me see yours..."

"I didn't read much of it, Kinda just wanted to get to know you in person,"

"Yeah, me too."

"I'll be honest, I was mostly just looking at your picture so I had some kinda hope of recognizing you when I picked you up," He chuckled,

I blushed and chuckled too, "I didn't know what to expect, but I just hoped we'd find each other."

"Well we have time to get settled," He said as he pulled up in front of a bunch of tall Brooklyn townhouses, I looked them over with a wistfulness before I climbed out eager to discover what this new life could be like.