discussion

I stood as I often did beside the area folding a thousand of the same green, black, and grey shirts, black and blue jeans and various boxer shorts from our laundry and of course my clothes too. I looked over across our little basement apartment spotting Benny sat in his battered leather chair sitting under the little light, his mess of hair out of place where he'd showered and just let it dry naturally, his black t shirt hugging him, his chains across his chest, his hand on his chin as he focused intently on the book in his hand, his jeans tight as usual his belt somewhere I didn't know his bare feet sat on our cold basement floor.

"Benny?" I asked as I folded one of his grey shirts 

"Ummmm?" He groans not even looking up from his book

"Can I ask you something?"

"One minute" he says still not looking up, I waited a minute or so and he put his bookmark in the page shutting the book up "what's up pumpkin?" 

"May I be rude?"

"I think so. You have only got three of those left this month but fire away"

"Why do you dress like a goth cowboy?"

"I don't know" he shrugs 

"Benny, come on"

"I do not like spending alot of money on clothes so most of what I wear is hand me down stuff or just stuff I got cheap" he explained "I kinda just thought my style was chess themed really"

"Kinda. That's why we have a chess board rug and bedding"

"To be fair I didn't buy that bedding you bought that bedding when you moved in with me"

"It fit the aesthetic"

"... Yes. I have been dating you six years and I still don't know what that word means" 

"I like using words you don't understand, makes me feel smart."

"Your smart pumpkin. I would not have dated you if you were an idiot"

"No?"

"I don't like the blank girls there useless, your basically dating a doll up doll with a voice box who takes your money" 

"I think it has something to do with upbringing" I said as I returned my focus to the laundry

"What does?"

"The way you dress. Was your dad a cowboy and your mum a goth?" I asked 

".... No. Other way around actually" 

"Really?"

"Yeah, my mum grew up on a farm in maine my dad was a new york city bar owner who hosted pagan covens every other Tuesday" 

"Hu. Cowgirl and a goth man. That does explain you… way more than it should to be honest Benny" I giggled taking the laundry to our bedroom "you were kinda scary when we first met"

"How so?" He asks following me to the bedroom 

"You turned up to our first date in black boots, black jeans, a green button down, black trench coat, a knife and a cowboy hat."

"Yeah? It's my second favorite outfit?"

"To a blind date in a new york and you wonder why I was a little scared?"

"I wasn't gonna murder you."

"Thank you Benny very reassuring" I giggled "why did you bring a knife on our first date?"

"Incase I needed it" he says helping with the laundry as I had been putting all his clothes just in a pile for him "and it's a conversation starter"

"And then taking said date back to your serial killer basement apartment"

"Okay I admit it was kinda serial killer ish. Before you moved in"

"I un serial killered the place" I giggled

"You added a lovely ladies touch. And I'm sure you will to wherever we get moved too"

"Of we can find somewhere we agreed on"

"All I said Is I want an on suite and a driveway that can't be that hard"

"You'd be surprised when you refuse to live outside of new york, and what is your obsession with on suites Benny?"

"A having a shower in a living room is fun now because I get to watch you shower but it's impractical"

"And so unsanitary"

"B our bedroom is here, the toilet is over there in that room. You can tell you have never attempted to walk that distance at three am with an erection" 

"Like the time you tripped on the box for the bookshelf you hadn't put together yet and ended up breaking that bone in your foot"

"Precisely. That and then we have a nice little space that's all ours especially after… you know"

"After what?"

"After..." he smirked, giving me a cuddle "we get married and have a little baby girl."

"Not till we've moved Benny"

"I know pumpkin" he says, kissing my cheek "coffee?"

"Yeah alright," I smiled so he went making come coffee and I gathered up the laundry on the floor into my basket I just emptied being quick as he was distracted to steal his kimono slipping it in my basket and heading to the Machine "when we move can I have a kitten?"

"No. We've talked about this it'll knock my chess stuff over" he explained as I loaded the machine

"What about a puppy?"

"Will you walk it everyday?"

"We will walk it everyday. Together. Maybe while we push a pram too" 

"And what do we do with the puppy when we need to fly to France or new mexico?"

"... Dog sitter?"

"Nope"

"What about a fish?"

"I'm not paying for food and tank maintenance for a damn decoration" 

"A hamster?"

"There nocturnal so you'll never see it"

"A bunny?"

"Maybe. I'll think about it pumpkin. What are you doing?" He stopped noticing what I was doing instantly stealing his kimono back before I could put it on the machine

"Benny. You have to let me wash it at some point. I haven't washed it in three months."

"It's not dirty?"

"You dropped coffee on it yesterday"

"So?"

"You walk around naked in it"

"So?"

"It was laid on our bed and we had sex on it the other night" 

"It's not dirty" 

"Benny you either hand me that to put it in the washing machine or I throw you and it on the bathtub and wash you by hand"

"Maybe I want my little girlfriend to give me a nice bath"

"This would not be sexy. It would be functional"

"Your mean to me" he pouts handing it over

"Because I love you" I smiled giving him a kiss 

"Love you too pumpkin"