Five!

I sat picking at my nails, my body sat in the small uncomfortable chair. The bright white light hurt my eyes, the scent of chemicals in the air, magazines laid out across a table most of them older than me, people in the various chairs all with decent spaces between them, the sound of the radio ghosting over the coughing and whispering. I glanced to my side to see Benny sat beside me, in his usual dark shoes, black jeans, belt with his knife on his hip, his black t-shirt and green button down over him in his usual way with his chains hung low, his jacket and hat left out in the car. The clipboard from the front desk was in his hand as he filled it out for me, given he has far better handwriting than I do.

"Don't they have all this?" He asked as he wrote,

"Yes but they like to check," I sighed,

"what do you want me to put in the reason for the visit?"

"...Put... menstrual concerns."

"...Period problems,"

"Benny!" I shoved his shoulder,

"Okay, okay I'll write the proper thing," he laughed, "Symptoms?"

"... Isn't my symptoms the reason for- whatever, just put them in,"

"Alright," He nodded filling in the box, "assumed problem?"

"I don't know that's why I came to the doctor!" I complained,

"... thinks she's pregnant,"

"Benny!"

"What! You do! I do! I'm pretty sure the doctor is gonna think so Y/n."

"Just fill out the form Benjamin," I rolled my eyes a little returning focus back to my nail picking,

He finished the form and sat it on the empty chair beside him before he took my hand in his and brought it to his lips giving my hand and my knuckles little kisses.

"It's all gonna be okay Y/n, Hey, Come on." He cooed pulling me to lay my head on his chest, "Everything will be fine if it's not baby when you will get some medicine,"

"And if it is..."

"Well... we will do some maternity clothes shopping on the way home," he smiled,

"And ice cream?"

"And ice cream," he nodded kissing my head, "Won't it be nice? getting to have a little one?" he cooed resting his hand on my stomach, "A cute adorable little baby"

"It would but still... I worry is all."

"I know you do Y/n, you worry about everything," he chuckled,

"Mrs Watts?" A Nurse came around the corner clipboard in hand,

"Come on, let's go find out," He smiled squeezing my hand,

I nodded and pushed myself up following the nurse through the corridors often squeezing Benny's hand until we reached the office. The nurse left and I sat down in the chair ready to be examined. The Doctor soon arrived and did the usual checks of things while glancing over my paperwork Benny often lingered over his shoulder protectively even if he never let his hand leave my own.

"Alright, well we have some good news, Mrs Watts." The Doctor explained cleaning his hands, "You are pregnant,"

"Right, okay." I nodded, "How far along?"

"About six weeks, well into the first trimester."

"Okay," I nodded, "Thank you, doctor,"

We got some advice, and some pamphlets of info and we headed home getting ice cream on the way. I sat on Benny's leg as we sat together in the chair. I nibbled at my ice cream cup a little as Benny sat and read the pamphlets about the pregnancy, his hand happily on my stomach.