The Cost of The Crown p1

I walked the halls of Casterton High School, my shoes pinching me, my stockings tight and unbreathable, my underwear full coverage and squeezing my body tightly, my pastel pink dress hugging me tight, my hair smelt still of bleach the hair had been fried and hairspray to crisp that not even a hurricane would have moved it. My skin and makeup were still perfect from the hours of work it took this morning, my books in my hand clutched to my chest with my last class' assignment in hand with a large red A++ in the corner. A Smile plastered across my face no matter the pain, frustration or exhaustion. 

All for the pursuit of Perfection. 

As anything less than perfect is worthless. 

 I hurried my feet down to my locket twisting the combination until the door swung open being met by the perfect books, paperwork and items in the mirror on the back of the door with a few of my commonly used make-up items. 

"See you tomorrow Y/n," I heard Natalie smile to me as she headed home herself,

"See you tomorrow!" I cheered giving her a wave, 

Once she was gone I turned back and got things organized into my satchel bag, I was about to shut the door when I caught my face and noticed the lipstick had begun to fade so I grabbed my lipstick and pulled off the lid only to find the cold of my locker had caused the bullet of lipstick to crack my eyes couldn't look away from it as my body began to shake my mind screaming at me. I threw the whole lipstick and its lid in the trash can and grabbed my spare lipstick in my shade and touched up my lipstick before setting it back in my locker closing the door and locking it up again. 

"Ohh on another adventure Cinderella?" His voice smirked, 

I turned on my heels and did all I could not to make my smile drop, as I looked at him in his dirty jeans and tattered trench coat. "No, I'm not." I answered, "You have a pleasant evening Mr Watts." I glared turning on my heels and starting to march down the halls, 

"You too princess." He called after me, 

My eye twitched but I kept walking. 

I walked home and shut the door behind me I set my things in my room and headed to the kitchen making sure to be silent as I walked past the study, I went to the kitchen sitting at the table for a moment I tried to relax.

"Back Straight dear." My mother said as she slapped the small of my back forcing me to sit straight, "Curved backs are for those who do bad acts." She said as she worked on the dinner with her own pink dress and bleached hair, 

"Yes Mother," I nodded,

"How was school, my dear?"

"it was very good, I got all A's and lots of work with the prom committee."

"Good to hear. We are of course excited for our little princess," She smiled,

"Dinner," Father demanded as he came into the kitchen and my body froze up avoiding his eyes, 

"Of course my king," She cooed, "Just a moment, Make the table dear."

"Yes." I nodded quickly starting with the table,