King Of Hearts

Requested: I love your work so much<3 I was wondering if you could write a FanFiction of Benny watts x Reader. Where the reader is a really good gambler for her age and there was a Chess tournament at a casino and he stopped to watch what the big crowd around the reader and another person older than both of them. When she won he walked up to her and started flirting with her.

I sat as always making sure to keep reserved as I plaid against this french boy, I had met him a few times but honestly never thought much about him. He was an opponent that was as much as I needed to know. I know how he plays, how he thinks that's all I needed to know to beat him once again. Internally I relaxed slightly, I knew this was over and I knew it was only a matter of time. He was moving back and forth trying to waste time but I just kept putting the pressure on him putting him even tighter and tighter into a corner and after six more moves he gave in. Offered his hand so I gave it a shake shutting off the clock and hearing the applause from around us. I finished my paperwork and stood with a smile as the press began their notes looking out to the various people around the casino and hotel. I collected my prize money and did an interview or too for a chess review and sports Illustrated 

"Excellent, congratulations Mr Watts," he says finishing up and getting his paperwork sorted "Sorry Got to get downstairs for the Poker Tournament," he says before rushing off

I didn't think much of it, it was fairly common, chess tournaments and other such tournaments tended to come together and share dates, better for the press, better for people's travel, and f course a win for the hotels. 

And especially with this year's tournament being held in vegas of course we ended up in a casino the chess tournament of course mostly stayed upstairs on the second level and the poker downstairs in the main casino, that and it didn't actually start until this afternoon meaning if you wanted to see both you'd only miss the first hand of the poker tournament.

I decided to go down to the bar for a drink and maybe see how the poker tournament goes. 

I headed down and got myself a blue ribbon and headed into the casino, immediately spotting the area they had the tournament going on in as there was a large crowd queuing up for seats, I guess I'll join them nothing better to do. I joined the queue and after a while, I got my seat and watched the game almost every hand people would slowly left it getting narrower and narrower until the game ended up being two people, One old man in a white southern-style suit, and a Young girl who honestly looked about the same age as me if a little younger, I admit I had glanced at her a couple of times throughout the game, she was good, very good. better than everyone who ever sat at that table,  she was reserved, poised, and very quick. you could barely even note her glancing at her cards at all. this guy in his white suit was not giving in though but he was running out of money fast, she called his bluff and a layer of sweat formed across his forehead as he didn't have the money left to fight her anylonger. He had no choice but to give in he was bluffing he had nothing at all a two and a five, utterly worthless. leaving her the winner. he Marched off from the table angrily towards the bar. and Applause erupted from the crowd, admittedly I joined them as she stood from the table going to where they had a wall of the sponsors for the tournament some of the hotel and of course some brands for the cards and I actually got a look at her. 

She was... fascinating, she had a green pair of heels where the heel had been made into a roll of hundred dollar bills, black tights, and an impressive dress with a tight black halterneck and the skirt of the dress was black and red panels with glittery green numbers making the skirt look like a roulette wheel, sweet red lipstick and black eyeliner she posed for a picture or to at one point doing a spin in her dress, doing interviews and such like. I admit looking at her made me smile, everyone headed off into the hotel and I noticed her heading to the bar. 

I had finished my blue ribbon so I headed to the bar too, spotting her sitting in the corner by the window touching up her lipstick so I headed overtaking the spool beside her.

"Hi, can I buy you  a drink?" I asked her 

"Course" she smiled shutting up her compact and returning it to her handbag "I'll take a martini" 

"Refined girl, you know I'll join you in the refinement" I smirked "Martini and a scotch on the rocks," I told the bartender and he nodded heading off to do those "You did well,"

"I did fine. nothing too grand. Tomorrow is the final so tomorrow matters" she says 

"I know how you feel, chess tournaments can feel a bit like that too"

"I thought I knew your face" she laughs "Your a chess boy."

"Benny watts, Us chess champion," I told her offering my hand 

"Y/n y/l/n, current Us poker champion, and hoping to hold it still after tomorrow" she smiled shaking my hand 

"After what I watched I don't doubt it" I smirked as our drinks arrived and I paid "I love the dress by the way"

"Aww thank you, made it myself, and the heels," she says 

"Impressive, so a good poker player and a seamstress, what else can you do?" 

she gave me a look as she sipped her drink "Wouldn't you like to know" she winked 

"I would" I smirked 

"well I make a pretty good pie"

"do you? well I'd love to try it, you ever near new york you'll have to drop me a pie off"

"new york? really? whereabouts?"

"up near Brooklyn, why?"

"Interesting. I'm in queens"

"are you? own or rent?"

"Own darling" 

"Hu. maybe I should hop over and play a poker game with you in the off-season"

"humm maybe I could come over a play a little chess"

"You'd be more than welcome" I winked 

We chatted about things for a while, new york stuff, tournament stuff, until it ended up getting late,

"Will I be seeing you tomorrow?" she asks swirling her empty glass around 

"would you want to see me tomorrow?"

"I'll save you a seat closer to the action" she winked "I'll see you tomorrow" she smiled giving my cheek a kiss and I noticed her hand doing something to my hat that I had since sat on the bar before she hurried out the bar and towards the elevator, I picked up my hat and noticed she had slipped a playing card into the trim of my hat, a King of hearts with a lipstick kiss on it, I smirked at it and finished my drink getting up to bed myself. 

I made sure to go up to my room and freshen up in time for the final tournament this afternoon, making sure I still had my playing card, and I headed down back into the casino quickly finding the place set up for the game not yet started even if the competitors were here for photos and such already, and press here, of course, I went to get a seat but he stopped me and ushered me to the front where a seat had indeed been saved for me so I sat down with my drink immediately spotting her as they, of course, wanted a picture of her on her own in her beautiful dress. This one was equally Impressive. She had these white heels where the hell was made of four or five stacked dice, black tights, and a white dress with miles of petticoats under it with a soft pattern  of the card suits, she spotted me looking so I smirked and winked at her she smiled heading to the table setting her bag on the floor fixing her lipstick in her compact before blowing me a kiss before they did the first hand.