Letters To Apartment 64 D

I forced open the door, having to give it a shoulder shove as I always have to, given the door has been slowly falling from its hinges, I have told the landlord but I don’t think he particularly gives a shit. I threw my keys on the hook, my bag in my bedroom and my hat and jacket on the hooks beside the door. I sat the mail pile from the mailbox on the table to go through once I had a damn coffee. I emptied my bag throwing my clean clothes back in the drawers and my books on the table to put away later, throwing my laundry in the hamper. I quickly made myself a nice strong coffee and got settled in my chair with my knife.

I slowly went through the mail sorting through junk, invitations, press things and all sorts of other nonsense most of which I had one look at and threw away. I picked up the next and couldn't hold back the smile that cracked across my face.

The little baby blue paper was a little creased and bruised from its journey to my mailbox, the sweet navy blue ink in that flawed cursive I knew so well.

‘Benjamin Watts

Apartment 64 D

Stalemate Avenue

Brooklyn

New York

The United States Of America’

Just to be sure I flipped it over spotting where the envelope had been sealed up well with as few bruises across the paper. And the sweet little inked drawing of the little black and white panda bear.

So I smiled and put it away wanting to save it for later continuing on with my coffee and the rest of my mail.

After I had dealt with everything for the day, had myself a… semi-warm shower and got myself tucked up in bed, I got the little letter from the side table and I couldn’t help my smile. I carefully opened it revealing the three of the same sweet smaller blue stationery envelopes with the same blue ink. One had a little heart drawn on it, the other had a chess piece, and the last had a little newspaper. I smiled and opened the little newspaper envelope seeing her sweet letter.

'Dear Benny,

I hope that you are feeling well after your laborious travels. I sometimes know how you can get when you're travelling a lot. Pray to tell, how have your tournaments gone? I'll likely hear of the outcome in the following days but I know you so like to have my letters when you return home and of course, and of course I like to ask to hear of it from you. Things are going well here much as they always are even if the weather has turned rather harsh, much more so than last year. I, at last, found the time to change around my curtains and other linens I’m sure I’ll find other jobs for myself in the coming months. I’m sure you will too find something to take up your time post chess season. Perhaps you’ll finally find the time to get that basement of yours looking more like a home, I Was so thrilled to receive your letter, I felt like I hadn’t heard from you in months, I really missed my little cowboy X ’

The letter talked of course about everything I had asked her in the letter I sent her a few months ago along with all the other news going on with her lately. I smiled and put it away on the side so I could write her a reply to her in the morning. I opened up the small chess envelope seeing the small sweet note with the move

White D4 Castle to D6

I laughed a little, getting my small travel board and doing the move she made taking notes so I could send her back my own move, knowing it won’t be long until we had finished this game even though we started it over a year ago.

Admittedly I considered leaving the last little envelope but I’m already all cosy and cuddled up in bed opening the little heart envelope and immediately six little polaroids fluttered onto my bedsheets. And I smirked setting everything else away picking up the little polaroids seeing her in her sweet little flowery dress, another of her out in her garden among the daisies, Another of her in her sweet vanity blowing me a little kiss, Another of her laying in her bed with a sweet black lace set of bra and panties tight and snug around her plump body revealing so much but nothing I had seen in her photos before. And the last in a sweet black lace bra and panties with the bra pulled down enough to reveal her perky breasts.