Part 7

Qrow felt helpless, sad, yet also happy. It was a poignant moment to watch his friend leave, and to not even look back once or wave goodbye gave him a tinge of joy.

Whatever happened to Y/N obviously had an impact, not just physically but psychologically as well. He had a fire, a slumbering fire within him when before they were but cinders.

He was stronger and wiser. Qrow only hoped he was smart enough to be well and possibly pick up pieces from his life.

"Where is he going?"

Glynda marched forward on a mission; her eyes, albeit a little bloodshot, were hardened just as much as her resolve.

Qrow shrugged. "I dunno." He stuffed his hands in his pockets to watch the airship lift off. "He never mentioned anything."

The blonde woman exhaled heavily as she removed her glasses; she turned to watch wistfully. Even as the transport became but a dot in the sky, she remained. A part of her wished he would have just turned around to bask in each other's presence.

She sniffled as she wiped away a stray tear. Her eyes narrowed before turning back to Beacon, where she started a long walk.

She ignored the stares from students, the calls from her coworkers. She wouldn't let anything get in her way, not today.

Crossing her arms with a frown, she stared out to Vale. It couldn't be a beautiful sight without a reason to enjoy it.

A loud ding caused her to turn and exit an elevator. Dull clicks of massive gears were heard at an even pace, and at the end of the room was Headmaster Ozpin. He raised a brow in a questioning gaze but otherwise said nothing.

"Y/N. Where is he going?"

Ozpin adopted a look akin to a wise old man. He nodded in understanding before speaking.

"Is there... any particular reason-"

"He needs help!" Glynda interrupted with a raised voice. "He-he's not-" She paused to shake her head, knowing how unprofessional she may look. She didn't care. "Something happened. He's been fighting again; you have to tell me."

Linking his fingers together, Ozpin stared out the windows surrounding him. He was just as concerned as Glynda right now, but he had a different mindset.

"Say..." Ozpin started and looked to his distressed employee. "that I do help you. Access the flight logs from here to Vale. What will you do?"

"Wha-?" Glynda shook her head. "What kind of question is that?!"

Ozpin remained silent, still, waiting.

"I'll talk to him." Glynda muttered. "Convince him to stay..."

"That's your problem, Miss Goodwitch." Ozpin said; he stood from his chair and passed Glynda. He looked out to Vale and beyond with a sigh. "When I found Y/N, he was a nomad. When I first met him, I remember he told me he did not have a home nor a family. What he is as a person could never be defined or chained down. He looked for something... can you guess what that is?"

He didn't look at her as she turned her eyes to the floor. However, he heard her faintly respond with a slight shake of her head. "No."

"Purpose..." Ozpin uttered gently. "Every day of his life, he fought to survive, put food on the table and stave off hunger. All he knows is how to fight."

There was a glint in his eyes hidden behind glasses. He kept a facade as tall as the tower which he stood on. "It's futile to offer him assistance. There's only so much that can be done for him."