Part 112

"And in more recent news, our visiting friends and neighbors have begun to finally depart, so if you've got someone camping out in your backyard, like I do, you just might want to give your goodbyes."

A quiet and barely noticeable beat played behind a young man's voice, it was cheery and upbeat for hourly news.

Sienna waited in line along a few other faunus, the big wait was a Huntsman making a bulk order in front of a steaming food stand.

"But all jokes aside... they're heroes. The guy sleeping on my patio lost a hand! And guess what? He said he's gonna get another... See, that why I could never be a part of White Fang or become a Huntsman, some people are just born bad ass, demanding rent from their parents and what not. Just goes to show that maybe they're not as bad as you guys think..."

As annoying as the occasional pun was from the radio host was, he made a good point. Especially now that she cared for a human herself.

The line began to move as the Huntsman left, balancing a tower of food on the way out.

"But the biggest and baddest of them all, Y/N, has still yet to fully recover. Yeah, I know I know, he's Atlas. But honestly... who cares?! This guy took on a thousand Grimm, alone! And allegedly! If you think that's a lie then we're gonna have a serious talk, cause my new neighbor isn't the lying type. But if you really want him to leave, you can try saying it to his face... just a thought."

Another patron left the line with a cold drink in hand, allowing Sienna to step forward and make her order.

"And one more thing. Y/N? If you're listening, you are the man." The host let out a little laugh before continuing. "Now for the rest of you, I've got a nice little tune to play..."

"Seriously, why are we babysitting the human?"

Sienna's ears perked as she caught the mutter of a conversation behind her.

"Hey," Another awaiting customer hissed. "Give him some slack, if he up and left we'd be out there too."

"You really believe that? Guy takes on a thousand Grimm and survives?? Come on."

"Yeah," The unknown customer scoffed. "Sure. But all's I'm saying is to watch your mouth."

"Or what?" A man grew defensive with a mocking tone. "The big bad Revenant gonna come get me?"

"No." There was an unseen roll of the eyes. "It's cause the White Fang got real chummy with him. They were there to see it after all."

"So? Those guys can barely make up their mind without some-big fight breaking out. Why else would they be wearing red or yellow?"

"Look, you can cry about Y/N all you want." The other customer sighed. "But when the White Fang hears it-that's your tail."

The calm and happy music was gone, shut off with a taught click. Even the owner was particularly submissive, setting down two boxes of food at a snail's pace to avoid making any noise.

"Shouldn't we all be crying about it?" The waiting customer raised their arms and dropped them. "He's Atlas, he's human, he's The Revenant, the guy is practically Ironwood's personal grim reaper. We're watching and protecting a murderer. And! To top it all off! People say he's in bed with Sienna! All cuddled up in that fancy tent."

"That's none of my business, I've got my house and my family. The guy can stay as long as-"

"Oh, come on." The man groaned. "Don't tell me you fell for that stupid article. We're talking about a man who's covered in blood after massacring some bandits."