Part 79

Y/N had stayed in one of the vacant rooms of the academy; he was sure to wake up bright and early with an already determined stride in his step.

He couldn't face Fria and give her the bad news, not just out of her sake, but because he considered his task at hand much more important.

The General was already waiting outside his office; as Y/N neared, he matched his stride and spoke in a low voice as they made their way outside.

"I heard about what happened from Clover... I'm sorry."

Y/N quickly gathered that James wasn't the most social person. That was the best and most pity he would show; Y/N considered it fortunate.

"What did you want to see me for?" Y/N asked, brushing off his emotional talk with a casual acceptance. James also considered himself fortunate for doing so.

"As I said before, we can't help, but I know someone who can." The exit to the academy had an awaiting transport with a droid standing at parade test. "This will take you to Haven; from there, you'll need to speak to Councilwoman Sapphire; she'll have everything you need."

Y/N never really kept up with political news; whoever this Sapphire was, it was the first time he had heard of her.

The Hunter allowed himself to take a deep breath, to relax and calm his racing heart and mind. All he needed now was patience, and justice would soon be served.

"Speaking off the record..."

Y/N peered at the General at the corner of his eyes; he saw his gaze set forward with a professional posture.

"Those mercenaries have been a hindrance to us all; knocking a knight off the board will get us one step closer to the queen."

He spoke cryptically, but Y/N understood him fully. He couldn't slip in appreciation before he slipped away, supposedly to tend to his relatively new duties and the fact he may not want one.

Approaching the transport, the droid immediately recognized the scroll in his pocket with matching identification. It shot a crisp salute his way before hopping in with.

Removing the trio of weapons on his back, Y/N released a deep sigh and got comfortable for the long ride ahead.

___________________________

Haven. A hive of criminals and human scum. Y/N knew way ahead of life to avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

Thankfully, Y/N didn't have to deal with any of them today as the transport landed atop the massive mountains Haven settled in.

The civilians and security were noticeably more professional and upstanding; Y/N could see why a harsh land needed equally harsh people in charge.

His collection of weapons and focused eyes caught the attention of most as he walked the streets, not weary or curious, just cautious.

Approaching a massive complex at the very top of the mountains, he was greeted with expectance and high regard; it drove Y/N's curiosity further.

The walls were decorated in a very traditional sense; he suspected it hadn't changed since the last ruler and instigator.

The ones to greet him weren't a high-class butler, or an attentive maid, who greeted him was a sinister figure of power.

She stood tall and strong, reaching Y/N's shoulders with a visible tattoo on her right sleeve.

She dressed similarly to Y/N's ruined suit minus the jacket with her blood-red sleeves rolled to her elbows.

Councilwoman Sapphire eyed him with a deep gaze of dark eyes, possibly to size him up or fulfill curiosity.