Part 60

Six months had passed. With each passing day, Y/N's life had become unwound, in more ways than one.

He grew comfortable with Guinevere, or who he called Sangria. Before, it was more of a deep bond; now, it had turned into a deeper relationship with established yet hushed roles.

Words and actions were exchanged in private; this was something Y/N was used to and had experience with, especially when they had grown much more intense in the bedroom.

He knew specific signs to start and stop and even leave it be as well.

Sangria had off days; leading the local militia wasn't easy; it also had its mental toll as well.

Luckily Y/N knew how to deal with such things, more so now that he was practically a stay-at-home partner.

The man spent his off days training his proficiency with Sovereign, starting small like a sprinkle of water or a human-sized Boulder.

It wasn't easy, not in the slightest. The sword was demanding, both physically and mentally.

Nevertheless, he made progress to the best of his ability. He didn't forget what was at stake.

The events following his actions in Atlas had spread, and much to Sangria's humor, gossip had linked his two locations to pin it down as The Revenant recruited by the academy.

It wasn't far from the truth; he had more than a couple of handfuls to see and work with the trio of Specialists, not to mention Fria with a frequent Amber and Rhodes in the mix.

Y/N would say his life had become more and more normal, better. It was a dream come true really, as he learned to move past his grief and move to cherish what he had and now has.

In secret, known by only Sangria, he visited Iris to speak and listen in hopes of his words having a sort of meaning besides meeting empty air.

Those visits led to the inevitable thoughts drifting to Glynda; the only sense of comfort he found was through Qrow, unknown to him was his Ex-Wife doing the same thing.

There was no word from Headmaster Ironwood on his future recruitment, other than it was still in the works.

The same could be said for Hazel; there was still no news to his whereabouts. The only piece of intel Y/N held on to was that he was alive and well. He still hoped to find him one day.

Ozpin's relationship was complicated; Y/N knew every soul that oddly connected to him.

There was his father, Solus. A once brave and caring man who lived on in a whisper of influence.

And there was the warrior king; he offered what little advice he could to Sovereign. But his teaching were quickly overshadowed when the blade demanded only his descendant.

Ozpin continued to be a mystery, not that Y/N pried. He figured it was for the best knowing his true age and wisdom or the fact it was dull and confirmed his early life rumors.

Y/N's name was also still a mystery. He evaded the authorities for his actions on Vytal while also gaining a symbol to the people of Remnant. The reputation he acquired was similar to that of Qrow's childhood hero, The Grimm Reaper.

Still unknowing of his bounty, Y/N kept his distance from a lot of people. That included Taiyang and Saphron, among other obvious individuals.

He enjoyed his new life; it was calm, fun, and welcoming. But it did little to crack the shell he had made around himself.

The old Y/N was gone, dead even. There wasn't a chance to ever see him again, not after everything he had experienced.

Following the bout with a young woman he now knew as Neo, Y/N had begun to think of various situations. Thus leading to new equipment, mainly ammunition for small and agile targets.