Part 40

A small chuckle from Y/N soon turned into a shared grin towards Sangria.

"I came to sort a few things out." Y/N replied.

"Really?" Sangria sighed as she plopped her hat down beside her. "What's on your mind?"

There was one thing above all else, a priority that he set himself on.

The red haired woman raised an eyebrow as Y/N gestured to his face with a circular motion.

"I need a cut." Y/N said with a half smile. "Or so I'm told."

"Aww," She feigned disappointment. "I really liked the whole--rugged, mysterious look you had going."

"Well," Y/N gave a small shrug. "you're in the minority."

"I dunno about that." Sangria said, resting her chin on a clenched fist. "You got more than a few interested around here."

The man merely hummed in return, showing an obvious disinterest in the matter.

"Do you mind...?" Sangria asked, pointing to his rifle, Y/N gestured to Requiem with an open palm.

She released a whistle of amazement as she lugged the rifle up, she inspected every inch with a small glint in her dark green eyes.

"Where'd you get this beauty?" Sangria asked, smoothing her fingers over the cold hard metal.

"It's a hand me down from my father." Y/N replied. "I had all the old parts replaced recently."

"Pretty damn heavy." She stated, holding the rifle with both hands. "You know how to use it?"

"I have some experience." He answered vaguely.

It was an understatement really, he was more used to being up close and personal, never had he even attempted to fire at anything further than mid-range.

"I could show you a thing or two." Sangria smiled. "Could be really useful in the long run."

She was right, and Y/N knew it. It was an invaluable skill that he didn't mind learning.

"Alright." Y/N nodded. "Sure, why not."

"Perfect!" She exclaimed, setting down the weapon and leaning back into her seat. "Now I hope you don't mind me, haven't had dinner yet."

Y/N raised his brows in affirmation. "Help yourself."

As they sat in a comfortable silence, Y/N began to configure his new scroll. It was a newer version, smaller, lighter and not to mention faster.

It was blank in more ways than one. His personal information was hidden while maintaining all needed functions, including the transfer of money through a generic card without revealing any sensitive data, making his lien management practically invisible.

The clearance it provided was also very helpful, it essentially masked his presence as one of Atlas' top Specialists.

Not that he was going to conduct any investigations anytime soon, it only allowed him access to simple necessities, such as a Huntsman checking his identification, or needing something such as a hospital visit while remaining hidden.

It was almost a flawless system, he only needed one more thing to perfect it.

While on his scroll, Sangria's eyes focused in on something strange, not his overall demeanor that seemed to be massively improved, no, it was something worrying.

"Hey." She said, finally deciding to speak. "What's with the-"

"And here we are!"

A massive plate of food was set before Y/N, his mouth began to water at the sight of it all. A bubbling hot bowl of pasta and cheese was set beside sliced loafs of bread. The main course was a large chunk of beef, or at least what it looked to be. Finishing the feast off was a brothy stew and a large mug of unknown liquid.