Part 143

Sienna had awoken worried, it was a natural reaction when the bed was cold, empty. But it quickly disappeared when she smelled the hot breakfast in the other room, as well as heard the sizzling oil beneath it.

Her shoulders rose in a deep sigh, calming herself before she got up and out of bed.

Normally, she'd go about her morning, freshening up and getting a clean pair of clothes. Today was an exception, especially after yesterday.

Just remembering that story was surreal, and even harder to believe when it wasn't some drug induced dream.

Wiping the sleep from her eyes, she made the short walk to the kitchen where Y/N stood, watching over a pot of frying ingredients like a hawk.

She never understood why he always got up so early, but she never really could blame him with the life he lived. It was either the hardwired instinct he built up, or some bystander sneezing on their way to work.

Either way, it was always appreciated and warming to see him. She never explicitly asked him to do all these things, but the fact alone that he lightened her workload was a ton.

She was sure to see if he was truly here, by standing at his side, gaining his attention with an arm around his back and a small nudge to his arm with her head.

When he looked down to her, she couldn't stop the smile that grew on her face, one he quickly matched when she pushed herself between him and the stove.

She really had no idea how much it meant when she wrapped her arms around him, gently squeezing him as she nuzzled into his chest.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Same old same old." He grunted.

She hummed in affirmation. The pain he experienced now was minuscule in comparison to the day he had awoken, but at this point he was used to it.

He gave the pot a short glance, a quick inspection, before he returned her embrace with a content sigh.

She had refused to let go, even when he asked her to. It forced him to work while at her side, a little act of affection he hadn't acknowledged until the stove clicked off, and the meal was done.

The pit that was Sienna's emotions was nigh endless. The loyalty, adoration, gratitude, and finally, love. These were the four emotions she shared with him in a common mindset, they were also the feelings she conveyed in this very moment.

As another minute passed, Y/N heard it, it was loud and clear. And so, he responded in kind, clutching to her in thanks, an honest response to her own from the night before.

Despite her growing curiosity, Sienna wasn't going to ask him about his journey. No, all she wanted to do was tell him that no matter how much he believed he was a monster, she would reply like this, telling him she believed he was a man, the one she loved.

A few seconds of air, that's really all it took to fill Y/N's lungs and expand Sienna's grip by a couple inches. While it was a sigh to him, it was a deeper picture to her.

Her heart fluttered when he laid a kiss on her forehead, it also served to solidify her earlier thoughts when she heard the powerful thump within Y/N's chest.

There was a lot to go over today, so he took this moment and savored it while he could.

________________________________

The outside was colder than Y/N anticipated, a little drawback from being a voyage away from Anima of all continents.

Sure, Atlas was cold, but it never really held that harsh freeze Anima had. The former fluctuated often, but the latter seemed to always hit you like a truck.