Part 156

"Tonight, a heated debate is taken place, arguing whether the man known as Y/N is really in the right, or wrong."

"Debate? What is there to debate? The guy killed some of the most wanted individuals in Vale, some of which, were wanted for unspeakable crimes against the people of Vale!"

"You say that, but doesn't murder make him no better?"

"What did you just say?"

"Alright gentlemen, let's calm down here."

"No no no! I want to hear what he said!"

Amber was sure to stray far away from Fria, to keep her away from today's news.

On her scroll, she watched 3 men, 1 mediator and 2 political figures, duke it out on the morals of today's events.

"You've got some nerve, pal." A heavyset man shook his head with pursed lips. "It's typical of your people to say this, to accuse a man of murder just to make him look bad."

"He's obviously unstable, his past record has shown this."

Amber didn't like the look of this man, a skinny yet tall fellow with sunken cheeks. He's what she imagined when the word 'politician' came to mind.

"You gonna call me unstable?" The bigger man chuckled with his large hands touching his chest. "Because I used to attend White Fang rallies? Because I was arrested for disturbing the peace?"

"Of course not, don't be ridiculous-"

"Yeah, sounds to me like you don't know what you're talking about, do you? Because you have no right calling that man a murderer! And to what? To—to smear his image?"

"We have ways we go about things, councilor. And what Y/N's done is most certainly not the way!"

"Then what is the way?? Hmm? Cause it sounds like you're veering away from the fact that Y/N 'murdered' a bunch of baby killers, rapists, thugs, drug dealers, and murderers!"

"Are you saying we should abide by our own sense of justice, councilor?"

"Hell, if you grew up in the docks you'd know what we dealt with on a daily basis. You know—the fact that you're defending them is just—mind blowing!"

"And you defending Y/N isn't?"

"No, as a matter of fact, it isn't."

"Then what are you saying, councilor?"

"Ohhh, I see. Is it that, your way earns you money? All the corrupt court cases?? The mysteriously disappearing lawyers?! Your way is to hit them with fines and time till they can't get back up, when Y/N hits them and they stay down! And before you go on again about right or wrong you're ignoring the fact that they had bounties, and Y/N himself deemed it too far, he could of taken them in alive but they fired upon him! Him!"

Covering her mouth with a deep sigh, Amber fought off a growing headache in this jumble of opinions and emotions.

She didn't know what to make of the situation, but one thing was sure, and that was her faith in Y/N.

________________________________

Lieutenant Gray had been on high alert the moment Y/N stepped foot into Vale, so it was only natural that he was the first to respond to the reports.

Inside one of the many port warehouses was a secret, something so big even he would've never found it in all his years of work here.

The drive through the industrial district wasn't as slow or cautious as the ones prior, no, it was filled with a sort of joyous, relieved air.