Part 21

The early morning had been the quietest for Glynda as of late. She couldn't quite focus on the TV or anything else for that matter.

She kept her mind busy, keeping her schedule light and workplace clean left her too tired to deal with leisurely time.

The Huntress often caught herself performing habits that were drilled into her mind after nearly ten years.

She checked the time for no particular reason, forget to fix the bed, prepared meals for two and sometimes expected to run into Y/N after work.

Glynda sighed to herself, her expression dropped before she busied herself with getting ready for another day's work.

Her hands were locked with her hair, attempting to pull the long locks of gold only managed to frustrate her.

Taking a deep breath she counted to three then exhaled, her moment of anger quickly faded away as her scroll began to ring.

"Yes?" She greeted, not bothering to fake a smile or an attitude, making her speech come off as annoyed.

"I'm sorry to bother you ma'am, but this is about Y/N L/N, your husband."

Glynda's brows furrowed. "Y-Y/N? Why? W-what happened??"

"Well-" The person hummed with a faint flick of paper. "-you were listed as an emergency contact - the only one I'm afraid - and we've been trying to get in contact with him as of late... you wouldn't happen to know where he is, would you?"

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Glynda shook her head, distraught with worry. "N-no, I wouldn't--w-what's this about??"

"That complicates things..." They muttered with a few more paper flicks. "his criminal record you see, states he has mandatory counselor visits, not to mention he's neglected his medication pick-ups for--an extended period of time... It's been over a month with neither and due to his former Huntsman status we will have to issue a warrant for his arrest."

Glynda scoffed in disbelief, she frowned with a shake of her head. "Arrested?! I don't-I don't understand! He needs help! Not a prison sentence!"

"Yes ma'am, we know that." They spoke slowly and sympathetically. "We're trying to get him the help he needs, it's only because of a kingdom order and his status that we'll need to take precautions... he's hurt people before, there's no telling what he could do now."

"...No" Glynda bit her lip with her eyes squeezed shut. "I don't know. He just left one day, I-I thought he was taking a small trip out of the region but not--"

"I understand." They softly said. "If it means anything, we'll be sure to keep you updated on his condition... We specialize in this field of work, you have nothing to worry about... have a good day..."

Dropping her scroll on a bathroom sink, Glynda took a moment to calm herself with her head in her hands.

Where are you...?

After a brief period of silence she snatched up her scroll and tapped it's interface a few times.

Displayed on the screen was a picture, one of Y/N smiling with a patch of trees behind him.

"What are you doing?" Y/N said with a grin.

"Taking a picture." Glynda hummed, she smiled in amusement as Y/N turned away from her scroll's camera. "See?"

Holding her scroll out to Y/N he inspected the outcome. "You got my bad side."

Laughing to herself, Glynda joined her husband on a park bench.