Part 80

After freshening himself up, Y/N was left in bed, sitting at its edge and waiting.

Sapphire stood by an open window, illuminated by the late sun.

She crossed her arms and spoke, never taking her eyes off the land before her. "Tomorrow. Will you be ready?"

"I will." Y/N replied without a speck of hesitation. "When?"

"Early morning. By then, you'll be in Vale by midnight."

"Vale?" Y/N questioned.

"From what we know, you already assaulted one of their chapters. Successfully might I add."

Dropping her arms and reaching into her pocket, she handed Y/N an open scroll; what was on its screen raised Y/N's brows.

"You've had a run in with her."

"I have." Y/N inspected the many words beside a portrait of a young woman; it was her entire file. "Guess you could say I arrested her."

Sapphire hummed in affirmation; she waited as Y/N read the entirety of the words.

Neopolitan. Twenty-two. Burglary. Arson. Treason. Murder...

"They relocated since, to the agricultural district, to be specific. A massive compound disguised as a laboratory in the southwest ports."

"And what about this one?" Y/N said, handing back the scroll.

"Will she be a problem?" The councilwoman questioned with a raised brow.

"No." Y/N replied confidently. "What I mean is what is she doing here?"

"She's young, had a rough upcoming. The murder charge is self-defense; the treason is what would have had her buried under the prison."

"You made a deal." Y/N stated.

"Correct. For time shaved off her sentencing, she's been assisting with our little problem; she's the one who found the compound."

"And why is she coming?"

"The mercenaries there are dug in deep." She sighed in past frustration. "They'll blow away anything or anyone that gets close; she'll be your safe passage inside."

Her semblance.

"Any questions?"

Sighing and standing from the bed, Y/N began to pace the room. "Any news on my gear?"

"Arrived this morning, Atlas had to send it through a series of loops to avoid being an accomplice."

Halting in his movement, Y/N's shoulders dropped as he exhaled a breath of relief. "That's all I needed to know."

___________________________

"We'll get this out of the way right now."

Having not attempted communicating with Y/N, Neo curled the corner of her lips in a deadpanned expression.

"You're listening," Y/N said, slotting his LMG into a gun rack. "Good. Because I don't have time for drama, any problems you may have with me and I with you are gone. I don't care why you tried stealing from Atlas, and I don't care what you may think of me. What matters now is you being able to communicate, so we at least get through this in one piece."

The young woman crossed her arms with a tilt of her head, still retaining her dry expression.

Y/N moved his gloved hands in a specific sequence; he did so with a slight slap of his hand and a harsh curl of his fingers, further driving home his serious demeanor.