Part 36

Atlas, the home to the rich, and hell to the poor.

Y/N could see the floating city just outside the transport windows, knowing it was floating thanks to an ancient relic put the world in a whole new perspective.

"How long has she been here?" Y/N asked, crossing eyes with Headmaster Ironwood.

Having been silent the most of the ride, James was more than happy to answer his question. "Nearly twenty-eight years now."

So basically my entire life.

"How has she been?"

Turning to his side, James gave a younger man a small smile. He wore the usual long coat his rank wore, but a small personal add-on he had was a pin placed over his breast pocket, a little four leaf clover.

"She's doing well." A Specialist by Y/N's side said. "She mainly spends her time painting or reading. Other than that it's the usual."

"Clover here is one of the few she sees." Ironwood added.

"I'd like to think of it as her tolerating me." The man revealed to be Clover joked.

Nodding to himself, Ironwood could see a tinge of relief in Y/N's eyes along with nervousness.

Soon enough the transport landed, it's doors opened to reveal a long path to a building's entrance. There wasn't a soul in sight.

"Clover will show you the way." James said beside him. "When you're ready, I'd like to see you, it's nothing too urgent."

Y/N didn't look back to acknowledge him, not out of disrespect, just from the sheer amount of thoughts rattling his head.

He had nothing to say, James understand why. For a moment he watched him walk the path at a brisk pace, causing Clover to jog up beside him.

Their transport lifted off, leaving them both to their own way. It was the highest building in all of Atlas, the entire kingdom and it's academy was Fria's security.

They entered to see the absolute minimum in personnel, only a few receptionists were there to greet them. Y/N was much too focused to care about what they said, he only signed a waver and stuck a visitor pass to his chest.

Clover guided him through long adjacent hallways, passing several students who stared in curiosity before rushing back to their studies.

The building quickly transformed in it's interior, displaying it's dramatic increase in security with wondering military and few Specialists.

The doors responded to key personnel, automatically opening to their presence alone.

"Alright." Clover gave a small sigh. "Just down the hall and take a right, she's usually here around about now."

Offering a small smile in support, Clover only got a nod in appreciation before Y/N walked away.

Following his directions, he was met with a wide archway to an outside balcony, it was a perfect view of the glistening ocean and Mantle just beneath.

The area was wide, obviously meant for leisure time amongst the workers and soldiers.

But for now, it held one person, a woman. She had snow white hair touching her shoulders with her back facing toward him.

What laid before her was a small wooden stand holding a little canvas. It's material was marked with a brush dipped and mixed in paint to mimic the shade of orange in the sky.

A sort of anxiety poked at the back of Y/N's neck, not enough to hinder him, but just to allow him to stand by her side and watch her practiced movements.