Part 19

Y/N's grip on his weapon was as firm as stone, and Maria felt it's repercussions deep in her arms and up to her shoulder.

Sparks flew, large and bright enough to momentarily illuminate the clocktower. They stood, face to face as their two Rakuyos grinded like nails on a chalkboard.

Y/N's brows were deeply furrowed beneath the shadow of his hat, Maria wasn't fazed in the slightest, however it did surprise her to see a Hunter of great strength.

Both her dagger and saber were firmly planted against Y/N's blade, long enough for Y/N to reverse the dagger in his own hand and slide it along Maria's exposed stomach, planting a deep gash in her flesh.

She didn't so much as flinch, rather, she built distance while holding her blades in an 'X' form and plunging them down in a slash.

Y/N was quick enough to intercept her attack, their silver smashed against each other in another fit of sparks, however, he didn't anticipate her pushing and yanking her weapons away.

The younger Hunter grunted while Maria once again built distance. She watched as he shook his head in a feral manner then released a deep growl of pain.

Y/N felt the deep gash in his scalp, it trailed down and nearly carved out his left eye while also leaving his hat damaged.

Maria's brows furrowed - a change from her dead expression - once she saw the wound cease to bleed, leaving only a crimson smear over a scar as he wiped away the warm liquid.

His hat fell to the floor, revealing his (Hair Color) hair, to join it on the floor was his face covering, removed when Y/N ripped it from his neck.

Her form faltered and so did her heart, she lowered her weapons in a sudden clarity, only to see Y/N reassume his stance with (Aura Color) lights sparking over his body.

With his blood slicked in his hair, Y/N spoke with a demanding growl. "I'm ending this nightmare, not even you will stop me."

Maria sighed heavily, she then shut her eyes in defeat. Her gloves crinkled along the hilt to her blades as her form now came to be.

Despite her inner turmoil, she spoke to him, hoping--praying he would simply turn around and leave. "You haven't a clue what lays beyond these walls, boy."

"That doesn't matter." Y/N said. "I may fall... but the others will finally rest. Including you."

Opening her eyes to reveal a thin sheen of tears, Maria spoke near a whisper. "You've already fallen... now it is my duty to stop you, before it is too late."

Y/N's eyes widened as Maria twisted her blades toward herself and plunged them deep into her chest. She stumbled for a moment before yanking them from her body.

Her Rakuyo now dripping with her own blood, Maria set forward with a determined gaze. In the process of nearly killing herself she managed to extend her weapon's range nearly three fold.

His aura drained from near constant battle, Y/N had no choice but to rely on what his body had to offer. He outclassed her in nearly everyway, but her outlandish skills he had no idea of were going to make it an unpredictable fight.

Planting his boot firmly against the floor, Y/N's once calm and collected breathing shifted to rapid intakes of oxygen, his heart rate skyrocketed and so did his reaction time.

With a burst of adrenaline and sudden speed, Y/N charged forward with his weapon's at the ready.

He had to keep the distance closed, else if he strayed too far she would keep him that way.