Part 165

The flights had taken longer than Y/N had liked, but that was the price of playing it safe nowadays.

He first went to Vale, then he waited, after that he was off to Vytal, then he waited. This process continued to the early morning, where he now sat on a public bench, scanning his surroundings for any reoccurring faces or events.

Everyone he had taken the ride with to Vale was gone, and the only repetitive action he got was the process of staying awake, immersing himself in a book and the like.

14 hours had marked it an entire day without sleep, so, with a deep sigh and a long stretch, he hailed an automated cab.

Y/N had experienced Atlas before, but not in its entirety. He felt the strange, thick air in the upper levels, and he felt the disdain in the lower grounds, but where he was, in the central city, it felt somewhere inbetween.

People hated authority, and for no particular reason as well. But as much as they hated them, they also counted on them, praising them as much as a heroic Hunter.

Downtown wasn't anything special, it was just like any other central populace, Y/N guessed that was why Harriet chose to live here.

As he sat within the comforts of the fast moving taxi, he watched the many concrete structures zipping by, filling his senses with an array of colors and smells.

Car oil, Dust, food, and even a breath of fresh air from a massive park. Downtown had it all, and catered to those that came to experience it.

It was far more hectic than his apartment in Vale, but if forced, Y/N wouldn't mind staying here.

The slight rumble and pristine purr of the car had nearly lulled him into a sleep, one he would really like right about now.

The drive was relatively short, just under an hour to reach a massive apartment complex, and not the type that littered the lower levels.

Paying his bill and lugging his back along, Y/N took a good long look around, both to inspect his surroundings and search it.

When nothing of interest happened, he walked right in, to be greeted by a pretty basic sight.

Inside the complex was a lobby, one that reflected the standards in these parts.

It didn't have a fancy harp playing or smell like something was decaying, it was simple, moderate. Kept in order by a couple custodians roaming the tiled floors and a couple employees having a casual chat.

Y/N didn't need to make acquaintance, he merely lounged about to watch the main entrance for a few minutes.

When all he saw was a few kids and sleepy workers, he made a beeline for the elevator, riding it to one of the very top floors.

The whirr of the elevator was short, uneventful, just the way he liked it. But now was the home stretch.

Stepping out, he then did a 180, to lean against the wall and wait once more.

Even in his current state, Y/N had kept his arms crossed, it was a casual stance that was the most inconspicuous if he wanted to quickly draw his weapons.

Several minutes had passed until he left, opting to cross the hall and descend the stairs a few floors to his real destination.

Once there, he knocked on the metal of an automated door, even releasing a long yawn when in wait.

It didn't take long for a response, especially considering that he was expected.

The heavy door opened with a communicated beep, revealing a somewhat worried Harriet.