Part 130

Y/N stared at his scroll. Little digital letters that spelled out 'Raven' gave him conflicting emotions, nostalgia, pain, and even regret.

"Are you sure you can trust her?"

He looked to his wife, unworried. "It goes as far as her trust for me, I'm sure she's aware of the price on her head."

Glynda hummed thoughtfully. It was as good a plan as any, she knew he wouldn't outright kill her for money, but Raven didn't know that.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked, her voice near a whisper.

"It's the best course of action."

He was set in this idea, this plan. He was going to try his best to recover, as medically impossible as it sounds, he was sure he could do it.

Glynda sighed, her worries wouldn't rest through the next week, it was nearly frustrating.

Her boot slid along the rubber floor, a slight sound that pierced the tense silence.

She was momentarily comforted by a hug she gave him, wrapping her arms around him tightly and burying her face in his shoulder with a whisper.

"How are you not scared...?"

He took a long whiff of her scent before replying in an even yet emotional voice.

"I am... I'm terrified."

It was all so long ago, when he wondered the desert terrain of Vacuo, sat alone in Beacon, and prowled the streets of Yharnam. It was a time he was fearless, jaded, or just so fed up with life he didn't give a damn if it ended.

The terrible situation he found himself in squeezed his chest, threatening to choke his lungs of air in another panic attack he hadn't had in years.

He pulled away from her to gaze deep into her emerald eyes, telling her. "You stay safe, and be careful..."

She caressed his cheeks, her eyes wavering from that stone cold exterior she created over the years of his absence.

"You hear me?" He asked.

Glynda nodded with pursed lips.

"I hear you..."

She then pulled him close, her beckon gentle, like she was handling a precious vase. It was until she kissed him did his resolve crack.

What would I be without you?

"I love you." She told him breathlessly as she pulled away.

Y/N swallowed a growing lump in his throat before replying in a near croak.

"I love you too..."

He watched her go with a lingering hold of her hand, her fading appearance gave him all the more resolve he needed in this trying time.

"Nurse?" He called out after drying his eyes and wiping his cheeks. He was answered with haste.

The same fox faunus appeared, peaking in the room with a sweet smile.

"Yes?"

Outside the tent, Vine sensed the departure of Glynda and the approach of another.

"Excuse me."

Opening his eyes, Vine looked to one of the nurses, recognizing her to be the one who often offered her assistance.

"Yes?"

She pointed to the inside with a sheepish smile. "Y/N said he'd like to see you."

Vine hummed with a curt nod. He did a short stretch before he entered, finding the warm air to be refreshing and pleasant.