Part 68

Y/N had quickly lost sight of Terra, leaving him in a wide open room with a set of couches and bookcases.

He sighed as the warm architecture quickly became familiar, both in heart and mind.

It was their first day in their new home. The walls were bare and so was the decoration.

With no furniture and appliances, Y/N plopped on the soft carpet with a sigh.

"We still have a long day ahead of us." Glynda said as she sat beside him.

"That's why your semblance is so good, hun." Y/N replied with a smile.

He got an amused scoff in return. "I'm not doing it all alone."

"Of course not..."

"Y/N?"

Saphron's soft voice jarred Y/N from his memories, he blinked and cleared his throat as his eyes rapidly gained focus.

"Yeah?" He replied, turning to see her peeking around a corner.

"Are you hungry?"

___________________________

The sun had set and the shattered moon had risen. It's bright glow had caught Y/N's attention who stared at its broken surface in an entirely new way.

On his shoulder he snapped a metal clasp, causing a strap to come loose followed by a heavy click.

The plate on his back had come loose, allowing him to heave the gravity mechanism up and into his lap.

With his weapons clear he leaned back until he made contact with a supporting beam. It's hard surface was ice cold, but he didn't mind.

"Aren't you cold?"

So focused on the moon and a slight pull to his sword, Y/N hadn't noticed Terra at his side. She wore a jacket thick enough to bear the Argus weather.

"No." He replied with a slight shake of his head. "It's just right."

She raised an eyebrow. She couldn't tell if he was lying or not as she set her eyes on him. He was big, sure, but that was by no means a reason to why he ignored the growing ice on his clothes.

With his hand on Sovereign's sheath, Y/N was able to brave the cold winds. His body was fine but the freezing air managed to pierce his clothes.

Terra shook her head. She didn't have her aura unlocked so she wasn't entirely sure how it even worked.

"Look..."

Y/N redirected his attention to Terra. She showed a sort of apologetic expression as she sighed.

"I'm sorry for coming off as... rude."

Y/N wouldn't call her that. She had given him the cold shoulder and a silent treatment as they ate. He wasn't one to hold that type of grudge.

"It's fine." He waved off. "I can't say that I understand, but I can say that it's alright."

She leaned over a painted railing to their porch with her eyes downcast. "It's just that... Saphron never really acted that way around me."

Oh no...

All this time Y/N figured that they were together and Terra had a sort of disapproval to his appearance. But now it made much more sense.

"I don't even know if she thinks of me in that way..."

On the contrary...

Y/N had forgotten what it was like, young love. Its been seventeen years since he first laid eyes on Glynda, and sixteen since he had to deal with such conflicting emotions.