Part 34

Residing in one of the many homes in Solitude was Y/N and Viviane. After a long breakfast, she insisted they be given privacy.

"After your little spectacle I assume the others will find us."

Looking to Viviane with an apologetic expression, Y/N opened his mouth to speak but she continued.

"I meant it in a good way." She chuckled. "You, child, have an influence over Sovereign that dwarfs the king's. Why do you think that is?"

Giving him a knowing look, Viviane joined him on the floor with a sigh, she then began to stir a pot of boiling water.

"Probably the fact I eat for three?" Y/N responded dryly as he neatly stacked a few wooden trays to his side.

"It's only natural." She added. "The body needs nutrients to produce energy, you in particular, need alot of it."

"Would it be because of me?" Y/N's voice dropped as he continued. "Or them...?"

"Both." Viviane responded without a pinch of hesitation. "The way I see it, that power is yours, there is no them, only you. Your control over Sovereign and yourself is because of your mother. It surmounts to what you did earlier, with enough practice and training you will not only replicate it, but improve it."

Taking a deep breath along with all the knowledge, Y/N silently acknowledged her wisdom. Without the flow of blood echoes his body now relied on the basic nutrients, only on a much grander scale.

I prefer this method...

Watching Viviane make a simple cup of tea was calming to the man, the small noises her strange utensils made were a tad satisfying as well.

Her tastes were obviously higher than his own, she poured a cup of water, stirred it, then let it rest to see if it was up to her standards.

What followed was almost like a ceremony, the calm and collected movements Viviane had done left Y/N both curious and at peace.

Nearing the end of the process, she dropped small green particles into a cup along with a freshly poured spoon of water.

Using a small wooden utensil to calmly mix the cup it's contents rapidly turned the water green. It had to be the strangest process of making tea Y/N had ever seen.

The elder guardian leaned over, softly cradled the wooden cup in both hands, then held it to Y/N with her eyes fixated on his.

"The petals only blossom at the end of winter, and every year I make the trip to collect a block of nearby glacier ice. I'd say this occasion calls for it."

Gently accepting the cup, Y/N stared at it's contents for a moment, deep in thought.

"Look here!"

Y/N watched Valtr run off a forest's beaten path to hunch over a plant with a yellow puffy flower head.

"It's tea." He whispered, holding the top of his helmet to keep it from sliding off. "I can't believe it."

Wrapping his hand around the flower, Valtr gently plucked it's bulb off, considerate of the small patch of life.

Holding it in his hand like a treasure, Valtr's voice came softly and hollow in his metal bucket. "My wife... she was the village healer. She showed me this on a little stroll one evening, rambled on about how it's her favorite drink..."

Suddenly whipping his head around, Valtr took off deeper into the Forbidden Woods with a joyful laugh.

"Y/N! Hurry!"