Part 98

"Wake up, Y/N... your time is yet to come."

"Yes, it would be a shame to die now."

The Menagerie desert was gone; everything was. Not even a sun was there to glare down upon Y/N.

The sky was absent, replaced with a white void, and the hot sand was now a vanilla surface of nothingness.

It was a void with no darkness, a land with no direction. And there Y/N lied, disarmed, unharmed, and anew.

Sitting up with a sigh, he came face to face with something magical, or rather, someone godly.

A slithering golden beast floated in the air, as calm as a summer breeze with flowing hair lining down its body to its long tail. The most prominent feature was on its head, a pair of wide antlers.

"Greetings." A calm and powerful voice came from the dragon.

Confused, lost, and curious. That described Y/N's situation down to the dot.

Unlike before, when he faced monumental power, he was calm, interactive. There wasn't that strange itch or alluring thought to kill and consume.

Now, as he thought of it, it wasn't right. He couldn't believe he even brushed off the mere thought of killing Amber, such a kind and loving soul, and he forgot it like a face on the streets.

Standing on his own two feet, he gazed up at the dragon, unfazed but respectful.

"Where am I?" Y/N asked.

"I suppose that's a good sign." Another voice added, deep and rumbling with a sort of strict authority but humored nonetheless.

Turning once again, he saw yet another dragon, dark and destructive, slim with death and ominous horns that curled to an unnatural degree. It was roughly the size of the opposing dragon but stood on all fours with towering wings over its shoulders.

"We're in between realms." The dark dragon answered.

Y/N backpedaled just a smidge to inspect his infinite surroundings; it only served to create more questions.

"I must say..." The dark dragon neared, giving Y/N a good view of its skeletal face, similar to the Grimm. It then began looking him over, inspecting his entire form. "You intrigue me to no end."

"An unbreakable spirit with an unmatched strength." The brighter dragon commented with an approving hum.

"He will do just fine." The other replied with a curt nod.

"Fine for what?" Y/N asked as they shared a common gaze.

"The growth of humanity. Your actions on Menagerie have proven it."

"Yes." The darkness added. "You have united the Huntsman and Huntresses of Remnant with mere words alone."

"You want me to unite the kingdoms?" Y/N asked with furrowed brows.

Y/N had heard the stories from Ozpin of the Brother Gods who once lived alongside humanity. Even if Oedon was gone, he could still feel it, that overwhelming power these two beings emanated.

The sheer disrespect Salem showed had wiped humanity from the face of Remnant, so Y/N was sure not to follow in her footsteps.

"Of course not." The darker dragon huffed, amused. "We know of your distrust in humanity."

"Indeed." The brother agreed. "That goal is further than even you will live to see. No, we want you to... push them in the right direction."

"With you, the kingdoms will fall in line, uniting along with its people. Just as your father before you."