Part 161

Y/N woke to the early morning blue, stirred by a slight pattering and strong whistle of air against the bedroom window.

Snowing...

Cracking his eyes open, he released a reluctant sigh when seeing the white flakes shower the window.

Knew it.

"Hey." He mumbled to his side where Glynda began to stir. "Hey."

Facing the opposite direction, she hummed under a bundle of blanket.

"You working today?" He asked, clearing his throat.

"No." She replied in a small and tired voice.

"Hmph."

As surprising and welcoming as the news was, Y/N knew he had to get up. Even a small scan of his hand told him he wasn't the first.

"Alright then." The man groaned as he sat up with a mild protest in his old wound.

He began the long process of getting ready. Brushing teeth, taking a shower, and adorning a couple layers of clothes to brave the cold outside.

Walking downstairs, he immediately spotted Sienna seated in the living room, enjoying a cup of tea with the Menagerie paper on her scroll.

"You're up early." Y/N greeted when falling beside her with a cup of his own.

"You're up late."

"Am I?" Y/N's brows furrowed.

"It's 9 in Kuo Kuana."

"Oh yeah." He nodded. "Forgot about that."

Y/N never really had to combat jet lag, but then again, he never had to deal with a heavy alcohol withdrawal when he had his blood transfusion done.

The couple sat in a comfortable silence, one filled with the distant hum of the house heating unit and the small billow of snow falling outside.

"When did it start snowing?" Y/N asked, looking at the window in the corner of his eye.

"About when I woke up."

So 3 hours ago.

"Hmm." Y/N nodded before taking the final sip of his piping hot drink. "Time to get to it."

"Do you need a hand?"

"That's alright." He groaned. "But you can wish me luck."

"Sure." She scoffed amusedly only to smile when he leaned down for a quick kiss.

Making his way outside, Y/N couldn't really help but stand there and think while the cold flakes touched his face.

On most days like this, Glynda would swipe her hand through the air and clear the walkway, but not today, today was a special occasion.

Having grabbed a snow shovel on his way out, Y/N got to it.

"It was rare to receive snow in Yharnam." Ludwig mused.

That close to Cainhurst?

"Yes. Majority of the time we would get rain."

I'd take the snow any day.

"Agreed."

With a hood and winter cap covering his head, Y/N was still entranced by the repeated motion of scraping the concrete free of the heavy ice.

It felt good, freeing, and nice. To most it would be another chore, but to him, it was a tender surprise and welcomed task that didn't include another fight.