Part 116

There was the softest of patters on the roof of the medical tent, caused by a blanket of rain, drizzling over Kuo Kuana and its neighboring wildlife.

Vine took a deep breath, savoring the sweet, clean smell that the dark overhead clouds brought to him this morning.

He sat outside the tent, legs crossed and his hands loosely set on his knees. He was almost invisible to anyone able to sense an aura, and even more hidden to a passing nurse with tall rabbit ears.

He didn't partake in the others' activities, finding it more relaxing and fitting as he sat guard outside the canvas domicile.

Opening his senses to the world, he felt dozens of nearby citizens, their auras were ranging in strength, from a full grown faunus to an aging one.

However, one aura stood above all, nearly blinding Vine like an overwhelming light. It stretched far and wide, growing and shrinking with each breath Y/N took.

Releasing a deep sigh, his eyes cracked open before he stood, catching the others' attention.

"What's wrong?" The man he knew as Clover asked.

Vine was a very strong and serious person, the energy they felt around him was troubled, worried. Even if that energy was as minuscule as a fluttering butterfly.

"Something's... not right." He revealed with a soft clench of his fists.

________________________________

"I know... I know."

Y/N nodded along to a faint conversation, his voice was calm and patient with a glint in his eyes saying he enjoyed it, regardless of being reminded and bossed around.

He spoke to Glynda as his eyes wandered the distant roof, he took in every bit of her words, to either memorize them or assure her he was paying attention.

"Yeah, she did that too... Well she says it's coming alone nicely, I don't really feel it anymore either, just a little sore."

He lifted his right arm to rotate it in a soft stretch, the freedom of movement alone was obviously enjoyed.

Sienna minded her own business, at least she really tried as her ears caught the stern yet caring voice of his wife.

"What about the other arm?" She asked.

"Hurts pretty bad when I try doing anything with it, but it's better than a constant feeling."

The tigress flipped a page to the local newspaper, opting to burying herself in the crossword puzzle on the fake pages displayed in her scroll.

As enamored as she was with the morning paper, she couldn't solve the little empty boxes, not even a single guess came to mind. The only thing that proceeded to occupy her was last night's events.

A noticeable silence fell over the two, it was the sort that had her holding her breath, waiting to see if he had anything to say.

Faintly recalling what he said, Sienna released a deep sigh and counted the little boxes on her scroll, racking her brain for a solution.

He loved his wife, the demeanor he showed even when just on a call was noticeable. He didn't talk to Glynda like he did for her, let alone anyone she had seen him interact with.

That thought gave her pause, because it wasn't true in the slightest.

She noticed how fond he was of his teammate, Harriet. She could even smell her scent all over the room in times of her absence.

Sienna furrowed her brows, wondering if it was infidelity that she caught on to, which was very much possible due to the little show she saw during the defense.