Part 123

Dear Y/N

Sometimes it's kinda hard being a faunus. Sure, the humans keep their distance, but when the occasional tourist comes around it's like we don't even matter. They just want to see the sights, not us.

Y/N's gaze roamed over a piece of paper, the beginning was rough, from the mind and the heart.

Except when you came around. People said you were a monster, some crazy human we're supposed to avoid. But then you went and made that little speech to Sienna, oh boy, you should've seen the look on my mom's face.

He cracked a smile with a slight chuckle, finding amusement in the written words.

A small glance to his side revealed Glynda, fast asleep, assuring him he wasn't being too loud.

I always wanted to go out and see the sights as a Huntsman, help people, really make a difference, you know? My dad says all the difference I need to make is here, catching fish or tending to the field. But I don't want to do that, I want to be out there, like you.

Y/N released a deep sigh. He pinched the bridge of his nose, contemplating whether he should write back to this boy, Marrow, to tell him he could be anything in the world except him.

It honestly irked him how people put him on a pedestal. He could think of a handful of inspiring figures off the top of his head that weren't named Y/N.

He shook his head. Whoever Marrow was, he had a false vision of who he was, he figured it was better than the truth.

The stories about how you carried a man across a desert? Or, how you scared actual Grimm with just the gleam in your eyes?? A person that saved countless lives, human or faunus, that sounds much more appealing than digging a hole and plopping down a seed. Fishing's okay though. Still, all in all, I wanted to thank you, cause without you my dad wouldn't have came home last month, and I wouldn't have some sort of inspiration to get up in the morning and just get out there, to do something worth living for.

Thanks again, and I hope you feel better soon.
Marrow Amin

Y/N folded the letter shut with a gentle touch, he even paused for a moment, mulling over the kind thoughts from just a boy.

He set the letter aside, piling in with a small stack of letters, all similar in gratitude and inspiration as well as wishes for good health.

One last letter remained out of the pile, the handwriting was much neater and well practiced than Marrow's, assumably by a much more mature person.

He noted the name on the letter before tearing it open and unfolding a single page of paper within.

Saber.

Dear Y/N

My colleagues and friends think I'm crazy writing you, sometimes I think they're right. See, I was there when Sienna made the call, I don't remember much from all the adrenaline and panic, but what I do remember is you, hopping the wall and running right back into battle with a hole in your stomach. That's when I thought, maybe some of you humans aren't so bad, maybe the reason I'm in the White Fang is actually making a difference, instead of just some hollow noise.

Some people may think you're crazy, a butcher, but just remember how I felt, because some people call you a hero, our savior. I know I do. They'll call you names, insult your very person, just like I once did.

I suppose this letter is an apology and thank you, I'm sorry for being something I fought against, and thank you for saving us, saving me. I hope you have a speedy recovery and a good day.