Part 47

Wind, distance and even the curvature of the planet as it spins. All little lessons Sangria repeated with small tips from April added in.

It was a trial and error process for a time, Y/N often kicked up dirt with his missed rounds to scare an unsuspecting Beowolf, only for his errors to be gently corrected by Sangria at his side.

One such shot was taken nearing the end of the day, the trio had a beautiful view of Vacuo, however it couldn't be enjoyed for long.

"I got one for you." April said with a muffle.

"Where?" Y/N asked, suddenly standing from his seat beside her he dropped a fresh round into Requiem and racked the lever. He handled the weapon with the barrel pointed to the sky.

"At the side of the spine to the northwest, just above a ditch in a treeline."

The Hunter narrowed his eyes with his brows furrowed, he peered down range with a slow sigh.

Just on the side of a hill was a massive Ursa, an Alpha to be specific. It chose now of all times to sit under a tree's shade and gently paw at it's face plate.

"I can barely see em'." Sangria muttered.

"Yeahhh." April whispered in agreement and disappointment. "Range finder says it's just over six-hundred meters. Definitely out of range. My bad."

Y/N clicked a small button underneath his sight, it adjusted up a tick with every press until it was sighted in at the appropriate range.

He kept his other eye open as he aimed while also removing the glove to his trigger finger, just to feel that slow click as he fired.

With his cheek pressed against the wooden stock, he slowly squeezed the trigger with the pad of his finger.

The loud bang of his rifle was accompanied with a large pot of dust kicking up by the Ursa. It growled in confusion as it gazed at the floating dirt until it slowly fell to the ground.

"Off by four feet to the right." April commented helpfully.

"I wasn't aiming for him." Y/N muttered while reaching into one of his pouches, he loaded in another silver bullet before readjusting his range to half of what he originally intended.

Sangria gave him a questioning gaze as his suit and gloves lit up with his aura. It siphoned into his rifle that quickly reacted.

The heavy octagonal barrel suddenly expanded, metal plating clicked out from it's surface to reveal it's actual barrel underneath while the above plates began to waver with bits of (Aura Color) electricity.

Y/N knew his rifle wouldn't be able to pierce the Ursa's armor and hide, not at this range, he was going to need a little extra kick.

The quivering plates suddenly stilled with their metal forming into a solid rail work, conducting his aura to propel the bullet at nearly three times it's original velocity.

Pairing it with the heavy payload of his blood tinged forty-five caliber slug, it was more than enough to get the job done.

The rifle made a quiet high pitch ring, indicating it no longer accepted his aura and was fully charged with the railing glowing a soft (Aura Color) light.

April, curious of the new sound, removed her helmet to marvel at the beautiful rifle in Y/N's hands.

Gauging the wind with the kicked up dirt and a nearby bush in his peripherals, Y/N found the perfect condition to finally fire.

With a pull and click of the trigger the rifle expended his aura in a glorious fashion, adding additional recoil and muzzle velocity to the point where surrounding dust kicked up around him, even throwing it off of the sleeves of his jacket.