Part 54

"And the gangs all here." Qrow muttered, just loud enough for Y/N to hear.

Standing with his friend, Y/N took a deep breath and crossed his arms. He allowed his head to fall back as he shut his eyes, mentally preparing himself for what was to come.

"Y/N." A familiar voice greeted.

"You want us to work as a team," Qrow audibly chuckled. "and you brought this guy along?" He shot a side thumb to Rhodes.

"It's good to see you too, Qrow." Rhodes rolled his eyes with a shake of his head, he then settled next to Y/N as more arrived.

"Seems Ozpin let's anyone in Beacon now days." Robyn muttered, giving Qrow a side eye.

Qrow, being the quick witted idiot Y/N knew him best to be, immediately shot back to the pilot.

"Ten lien says I fly better than you-" Y/N shoulder bumped him with a mild force, causing him to quietly chortle. "Well it's true."

"Now that everyone's here-" Ironwood spoke with a stern tone as he stood from his seat, ending all conversations. "-we'll start with the basics."

Placing his scroll on the table, a small light show similar to Ozpin's desk lit up, showing a map of their objective.

"You've all been briefed, now," Ironwood pinched the image, spreading it wide and into a flat 2D image. "we'll focus on a strategy. But first..."

_______________________________________

"So what's with all the gear? It got a story to it?"

Y/N, busy with loading shells into Requiem, looked to Harriet who sat with her back flush against the inner walls of a transport.

"I'm from Vacuo," Y/N replied. "that should be enough of an answer."

"No kidding?" The Specialist asked rhetorically. "Never thought you guys even left that dust bowl."

"Not many do."

"Why's that anyway?" She asked genuinely.

"Most die before they even have the chance."

_______________________________________

"Can I speak with you for a moment?" Ironwood directed his voice to Y/N who nodded in return.

They stood further from the group and spoke in a whisper.

"This will be a coordinated operation." James said. "You know what that means."

My name...

"I do." Y/N gave a curt nod. "Can you trust them?"

Ironwood's response was quick and without a waver. "With my life."

Y/N grunted, and after a moment of thought he spoke. "Y/N."

"Y/N." James repeated, letting the letters roll off his tongue with a nod.

"I'd appreciate it if you let them know it's not public."

"Of course." The Headmaster said firmly, they then moved back to their previous positions with added curiosity surrounding them.

"What was that about?" Qrow asked in a murmur.

"Don't worry about it."

"Right..."

"Y/N." The Headmaster spoke with a raised voice and gestured to the people in question. "You've already met Clover and Harriet. This is Robyn, your pilot for the day."

"You three," He then spoke to his own forces. "This is Y/N," James then gestured to the man in question. "Qrow and Rhodes."

Ironwood then tapped the picture looming over his table twice in different positions, one location in particular was the very center of the outpost's courtyard.